Mike's New Bike - 2007 Suzuki Vstrom 650

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by mgdavis »

Hey Mike, got any farkles on your Strom yet?
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#42 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

mgdavis wrote:Hey Mike, got any farkles on your Strom yet?
Does a Throttle Rocker II count? I just bought it today for $15. :D

I rode for 5 hours today with it on to Canmore and back. It works like a charm. It's the one with the velcro strap that's adjustable and goes around the throttle. Amazing device. Not only does it pervent "death grip" and vibes because of that but its relaxing. My hand didn't get too sore at all when it usually does after that long of a ride.

Manufacturer says:

Here are just some of Throttle Rocker’s featured benefits:

- Operate the throttle with an open and relaxed hand.
- Reduces hand fatigue and cramping
- Fits comfortably against the heel and palm of the hand, making long rides more enjoyable
- Eliminates throttle "creep" due to hand fatigue
- It is not a throttle lock. When you release downward pressure the throttle returns to idle.

Yup, I'd buy into that. Well worth the money.

I also purchased the Suzuki Gel Touring Seat. Works great, MUCH better improvement over the stock seat by far. After 5 hours my butt was getting some hot spots so I pulled over for a few minutes and relaxed, streched and was back on the bike again pretty fine. :D I couldn't do this long with the stock seat, no way.

Mike
Last edited by totalmotorcycle on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#43 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Third tracked fill up:

Distance Traveled: 303.8km
Litres Used: 15.74
Cost: $97.9/l
MPG: 45.4
L/100km: 5.18

All city riding. No highway. This is the cheapest gas station in the city, so I'm not sure the "quality" of the gas. Milage might improve with a better gas station. Something to check out in the future. Even so, the DL650 doesn't seem to have an issue with this gas at all. (87 octane)

Possible distance on a tank of gas: 424.6km

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#44 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Fourth tracked fill up:

Distance Traveled: 283km
Litres Used: 11.351
Cost: $1.009/L
MPG: 58.64
L/100km: 4.01

Riding Type: All highway riding.
Gas Station: El Cheapo Gas

Possible distance on a tank of gas: 548.46km

Notes: Seems to get really great mileage on the highway! Used a throttle rocker, average speed of 110km/h

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#45 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Fifth tracked fill up:

Distance Traveled: 261.8km
Litres Used: 11.434
Cost: $1.009/L
MPG: 53.9
L/100km: 4.37

Riding Type: All highway riding, average 110km/h
Gas Station: El Cheapo Gas

Possible distance on a tank of gas: 503.8km
Last edited by totalmotorcycle on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#46 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sixth tracked fill up:

Distance Traveled: 237.1km
Litres Used: 10.511
Cost: $1.144/L
Odometer: 1767.3km
MPG: 53.06
L/100km: 22.56
Possible distance on a tank of gas: 496km

Riding Type: All highway riding in windy conditions with an average speed 120km/h
Gas Station: Shell
Gas: Ops, didn't realise I put in Premium Shell V-Power gas*. This will be really interesting as it's all highway again coming back. Does premium give better mileage? Stay tuned! I did notice on the way back I only dropped 2 gas bars, not 3, so humm...

*Shell V-Power, our premium grade gasoline, has been re-designed to help deliver faster engine deposit cleanup and improved performance. Now you can cleanup on average more than half of the harmful intake valve deposits in your engine in as little as two fills! (Vs 5 with original Shell V-Power)
Last edited by totalmotorcycle on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#47 Unread post by KarateChick »

totalmotorcycle wrote:... Does premium give better mileage? Stay tuned! I did notice on the way back I only dropped 2 gas bars, not 3, so humm...

*Shell V-Power, our premium grade gasoline, has been re-designed to help deliver faster engine deposit cleanup and improved performance. Now you can cleanup on average more than half of the harmful intake valve deposits in your engine in as little as two fills! (Vs 5 with original Shell V-Power)

Possible distance on a tank of gas: TBD
Actually Mike, I've wondered about this too so let us know!
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#48 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Did fillups 3, 4, 5 and 6 really happen within days of each other? If so you're totally my hero. Can we have a TMW Mike action figure to go along with the shirts we order?
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#49 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

storysunfolding wrote:Did fillups 3, 4, 5 and 6 really happen within days of each other? If so you're totally my hero. Can we have a TMW Mike action figure to go along with the shirts we order?
LOL, yes they are within 24 hours of each other. :D

Any old gumby will work with a TMW sticker on it. hahaha :laughing:

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#50 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

KarateChick wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:... Does premium give better mileage? Stay tuned! I did notice on the way back I only dropped 2 gas bars, not 3, so humm...

Possible distance on a tank of gas: TBD
Actually Mike, I've wondered about this too so let us know!
Will do!

Mike