Rosco and the blogging thereof

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#101 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Damn, man. That sucks. A lot. you'd better check around your place... they might have scraped up some ABC gum & taken it with them. You never know. That fruitalicious refuse is darn tempting.

Maybe it'll show back up some night.
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#102 Unread post by roscowgo »

"person of questionable DNA"

Ok that cracked me up. Oh I haven't told you about my new neighbor have I? She's a MSF instructor. Rides a bright red SV-650. Purty bike. No strips made of chicken on those tires.

Nice lady too. I think I now get the unhappy duty of telling her that my bike was stolen.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#103 Unread post by roscowgo »

Well I'm relieved. Got a new rear tire....and that annoying grinding/rubbing/vibration thing......went away.

I was absolutely convinced it was a bearing. Then I was convinced it was the shaft drive, Then I was convinced it was something in the transmission. Went with a D404 on the rear. spent the weekend making sure it wasn't slick. :D It aint :D

no worrd on the old silver kat yet. Not that I expect one. If I had to guess that thing is in parts headed for somewhere else, Or tossed in a ditch on some back road in the middle of nowhere. It is my sincere hope, that the leaking gas causes a fire sometime soon for the thieves. C'est la vie.

I'm due for my 7500 service too. blech. dangit. maybe i can get it done this payday. I hope so. I spose i could ride the thing down to dads and bum his torque wrench and feller gauges.

Leaves are changing...houses are being looked at..... before long i'll have to go sweep the snow offa the truck in the mornings. I don't mind riding in the real cold. I don't even mind if it flurries a little. I'm staying off the bike when it really starts snowing though.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#104 Unread post by roscowgo »

Jen came within a whisker of buying a gz250 this last weekend. Even made me take a used one they had out for a spin. Fun little ride. Would need a little suspension work and probably something done about the seat.... Otherwise a delightful lil scoot. I'd guess a lil luggage, and maybe a shield... commuter heaven.

felt like riding a bicycle with a motor. Jen wanted it pretty bad..... Was actually walking into the place to buy it when I stopped her.

If I may ask....both the s40, and the gz250 are in the " wow they just fit category" I know the 40 has those cam chain tensioner issues, and a couple of other little quirks that aren't really bad.
What kinda oddballs does the gz have?

Prices I've seen for both, S40 ebay from xtreem zuki in ohio 3750 buy it now. 3900 over the phone, but probably talkable down to 3750.
Dealer here had a used, less than 100 miles bike that had been wrecked and repaired, 3400 Can you say Oh hell no? and a brand new with saddlebags for 3900.

*edit, stopped her because I trust that dealer to be fair almost as much as I trust politicians. I think we can find her a better deal.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#105 Unread post by roscowgo »

I need to ride.

It's wet and cold enough to spit the first snowflakes of the season. :x

Maybe next week.

Buelah skeered me. I unlocked the darling and waddled her over to the fence for my morning commute load. Checked my oil..... er .... taint nothin there! dodo! Off I ran to wally world and bought a gallon of rotella. Bout half a quart low. I think the sweety is OK, but I aint ridin her again till I change my oil. No weird noises or power loss or any of that other stuff that scares me spitless. Hopefully this weekend as I get home in the dark due to this stoopit time shift.

I've never understood the time thing. Couldn't a farmer just sleep another hour around the end of october and save the rest of us this goofball hassle?

Jen is still bikeless and going through those outlandish attention shifts about biking. One minute she's as focused as a rabid st. bernard the next she's ignoring it like a cat that's just had a bath. /shrug. I keep forgetting that other peoples brains don't work like mine does.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

New critter, and a sick rosco

#106 Unread post by roscowgo »

Hey folks. Long time no see. I am 15 kinds of sick today. Seriously thinkin about going home and collapsing.

blech. I hate being sick. I'm such a hypochondriac worrywart. I am absolutely convinced I have liver disease, a ruptured intestine, lung cancer, and pnuemonia. Damnit.

I do have something cute as a button to show yall that now lives in my house though.

Meet Patricia. She's a sneaky lil stuff chewer of the highest order. Sweet as cotton candy and as loving as she can be. :laughing:
Image[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#107 Unread post by Wrider »

Sorry to hear you're so sick man! But at least you have something that cute to look forward to when you get home... Unless of course it's chewed up the Nyquil bottle! :laughing:
Anyway, hope you get feeling better and have a good day!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#108 Unread post by roscowgo »

Shes layin here pouting and being pitiful because jen isn't here right now. :laughing:

If she can get hold of it, you can bet that she'll chew it.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#109 Unread post by roscowgo »

Well I finally got a decent camera.

And a warm day (hour after work :x ) to ride.

That's my obligatory artsy fartsy shot.

And one rendered in sodium arc. Hard to find a quiet place where 15 morans won't come up to you while you're taking a pic and ask.....izzat yer bike?

My new pup!

That blue eyed mongrel would be dads sheltie. Dog will just sit an stare at ya.

Sorry I don't have a real ride report for yall. Pics were taken at a church for artsy fartsy, and a school for the sodium arc.

Yall have a nice one

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#110 Unread post by roscowgo »

Howdy sports fans. How yall been?

Went to a new doc yesterday. Got all new scrips. Accuretic with hctz twice a day for the blood pressure, Chantix to get this nasty funky bastrd weed out of my lip, zoloft to keep me from freaking out in public, and in a couple of weeks....a sleep study, to reaffirm that I have sleep apnea. Which I do. I'm finally gonna get a cpap.

WoooooooooooooHooooooooooo. I am oh soooooo stoked. It's been so long since I woke up....rested. And went through a day without feeling bleary eyed and with no energy that I can't remember what the other is like. For those of you that sleep well and wake up rested....go back in time say....just 2 years. Now get woke up say....60 times an hour. Every night.

It's gonna help my blood pressure on its own too. So I'll have a lower dose of the accuretix. I'm hopin this will give me enough energy to get offa the damn couch and exercise more too. Ans zoloft..I'm a touch freaked because....Hey..i'm on damn zoloft fergoodnesssake. Talked to jen about it....she says it's a wonderful anxiety drug. Which I honestly truly need. Being out in public, around people, absolutely freaks me out. And no idea why. Just been this way all my life. Eeek A stranger! Flee!