I have no idea what i'm doing...

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#11 Unread post by Gadjet »

looks really good so far. The farthest I ever got when I had my '83 Suzuki was rebuilding the top end of the motor (hone cylinders, new rings, seals etc)

Now you've got me wanting to get myself a new old bike and having a go at it.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

JWINC
Regular
Regular

#12 Unread post by JWINC »

No pictures today but thats because nothing we did was very picture worthy.

After work I dropped the wheels off at the local Honda shop to have the rubber taken off. Once they are back we can get them sand blasted nice and clean and then get the paint on them. Andy finished glazzing and priming the back fender so that is ready for paint. I got some more work done on the gas tank including fabrication of the tongue for the rear tank attachment. That still needs some more work before glaze and paint. Other boring stuff like taking the swing arm off and scraping the years of caked grease off it and the frame around it. Someone kept it well greased, over-greased even. I pulled the last fork bridge and all the ball bearings out. The bearings were so nasty that it was like rubbing rocks together. I cant wait to get those in re-greased and feel how much smoother its gonna be.

Well I wont get any more work done before I head to DC for Thurs-Sat. Next week is more tank work, rim paint prep, sand blasting frame and more.

JWINC
Regular
Regular

#13 Unread post by JWINC »

I'm getting married at the end of June, thats in two and a half months. The day after the wedding we leave for an eleven day trip to France and Italy. We get back in the middle of July. By the first week of August we will have moved down to Washington DC where we will be living. Before any of this can happen we have to finalize all wedding plans and honeymoon details, finish my resume and portfolio, apply to jobs, interview, apartment hunt, pick an apartment, pack to move, and finish this frickin motorcycle project.

Im about two weeks away from painting everything black and slapping it all back together just so its done because it absolutely cant be in pieces by the wedding or I might as well throw it all out since I have no where to work on it in DC or keep it if its not reassembled.

So, this weekend the weather is supposed to be amazing. Around here thats in the 70's. I plan on getting the tank completely done and ready for finish paint, front fender shaped and blasted and ready for paint, frame blasted and ready for paint, and rims dissasembled. I will be taking pictures of all this so there should be stuff to share Sunday night.

Wish me luck.

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#14 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

:rocking: :rockon:
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

JWINC
Regular
Regular

#15 Unread post by JWINC »

Work continues on the cb750.

This past weekend, the 21st and 22nd, brought some beautiful weather so the bikes came out of the garage and got a fresh 3.3quarts of oil, fresh gas and octane boost, and a soapy wash.

The black one is mine. Its a 1997 Honda Shadow 1100. The blue one is my fathers. Its a 2007 Honda Shadow 1100. 10 year difference, almost exactly the same.

I went riding saturday with a friend from work. We found a little pull off by the river and took some shots.

That's his brand new Yamaha Road Star 1800 on the right. A sweet ride.

My wife-to-be and I just got a brand new camera as an early wedding present. Its the Sony a100 Digital SLR. Its awesome and takes some great shots so I will be taking even more now and they will be clearer.

Lots of project and ride pics to come.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#16 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Is the bike ready?