Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Wretched XS

#261 Unread post by Wrider »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done!
Now pack yourself and your family up and go to the land of warmth and straight roads haha.
5 guys is pretty darn good I must admit. Although I like their fries better than their burgers.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#262 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Welcome to the south! Now turn up the skynyrd and jack up yer truck cause we gone have us a good ole' time! Be careful of all the hazards of Florida though. Them gators will get ya if the retirees in their caddy's don't.
Congrats on the job
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#263 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Thanks, @Wrider and @fireguzzi. Five Guys...man, the burgers are like my wife made them, and the fries are like *I* made them...I'm a sucker for real potatoes made into French fries.

So, they made the job offer, and I made my counter-offer. I expect their 2nd offer tomorrow, and I have it on good authority that it's a decent offer. So, I might be moving down there in 2 weeks. And I finish my MBA in 3 weeks. And I walk in my graduation in 4 weeks.

Sadly, the Yamaha won't be moving down with me until my wife and kids move down in June or July. I can't tow a trailer with the Volvo. Once it's down, I might just spend the next 6 months rebuilding it so it isn't quite so asthmatic. Maybe I'll need to buy a GSXR to tide me over. :twisted:
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#264 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Done Deal

It's official...I'm a project manager for Tampa General Hospital. I'll be moving down there the last week of March -- it's spring break week so my wife and kids will caravan down with me and get me set up, then head back. They'll join me for good in June, after the school year finishes.

It's a good move for us -- I firmly believe that moving TO something is great, while moving AWAY is bad and depressing. And while we're admittedly moving away from winters, we're moving to a great job, great city, great beaches, and so on. It doesn't hurt that (while not mentioning any numbers..oo, tacky) they're just about doubling my salary and paying for our relocation. I'll get a free iPhone, too. :roll:

I won't have the bike immediately (as I think I said) but when we bring it down in June I'm looking forward to tearing it apart and rehabbing some of the more important bits. So, no immediate biking, but it's in the cards, and once the bike's up I can ride it all year long. :kicking:
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#265 Unread post by Wrider »

Oh man... Only doubling your salary? Are you sure you can handle that? haha. While COL will go up, it won't go up that far I'm sure!
Hmmmm now to plan a trip to Florida and use "visiting forum members" as an excuse to do it... haha
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#266 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Another Page Turned

Another stage of my life is done. Yesterday I finished my last class to earn my MBA. It has been a *long* two years, and my family doesn't really know what to do with me if I'm not down in our basement reading homework and writing case studies. When I started this, I counted up the 40 drives I'd have to make -- 320 miles each -- and it seemed like it stretched out forever. I figured out the distance, and it would be from Key West, to Point Barrow Alaska, back to Key West, and up to Baltimore. One of my team-mates drives twice as far as I do for school, and he figured out that he drove from Marquette, Michigan to Alaska and back...five times. Or around the equator once.

Anyway, all of a sudden I had three drives left. Than, yesterday I was finished up at 4pm, and we had a celebration dinner, and I made the 3 hour drive home for the last time. This Wednesday is my last day at work. Next Saturday I walk in my graduation ceremony. I look back at our "welcome dinner," and it seems like it was yesterday. Our intense first residency seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago. Yet, I feel like I've always been doing this, and like the people I've met during the program have always been my friends.

So... after I graduate, we drive home that evening...and get in the cars on Sunday morning and start our 2-day drive down to Florida. My kids have spring break that week, so my family is coming with me for the first week, then they're heading back to Michigan so my kids can finish out the school year, and we'll all be together in June. We've got a vacation rental lined up for me for the next couple of months.

I know I'll be busy -- I have to be certified in the EPIC medical EMR software, and I already have two trips to Wisconsin lined up. Plus, we'll be building our teams of analysts, and so on. I know I have some pretty big expectations to fill, so I'm going to have to hit the ground running. I'm hoping it helps me forget that I'm living 1300 miles from my family.

But right now, this week, I get to enjoy just not being a student anymore. I don't have to spend my weekends doing homework, I don't have to worry about grades. I can sit on my @ss and piddle around on the internet. This week, I get the joy of quitting the job that's been $crewing me for the past 10 years, and I get about a week of being unemployed. Things are going to be tight and pretty much $uck while we're in transition with a week without pay, and while supporting two households, and while paying all of Florida'$ fee$ that they $tick to new re$ident$ for car regi$tration and $o on. (dollar $ign$ intended) But we all know that once we're settled, it's worth it, and we can start digging our way out of the hole we're in, and start actually having a lifestyle.

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#267 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

I'm...um....*between* jobs right now

So, I've technically joined the ranks of the unemployed. At least for a week or so. Yesterday was my last day at the job I've had for the last 10 years, and even though we were getting a mongo-size blizzard, walking out the car was the best thing ever. I've hated that place for most of those 10 years -- many of the people there are great, but as an organization, my former employer was corporate, policy-bound and cheap.

So we spent last night at the "Great Wolf Lodge," an indoor waterpark/hotel in town, so the kids could have some fun. As I said, we were getting a late-season blizzard, and it was awesome to be indoors in a swimsuit, looking out the window at 3" per hour of snow falling. Traverse City got 10" of snow in a day, and a bit north of us got 14". When we got home this afternoon, I had to gas up the snowblower one more time and clear the driveway so we could actually drive into it.

What's scarily clear now is that I have two days to get ready for our 2-day drive, and my move to Florida. And one of those days is going to be spent driving to Lansing so I can graduate. I think I'm going to be spending tomorrow packing.

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#268 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

I Graduated

I walked in my graduation ceremony today. I'm an MBA now.

That is all.

Tek
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2001 Vulcan 800

#269 Unread post by Tek »

Congrats!

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#270 Unread post by Johnj »

Today is the first day of your new life. :lol:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.