Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2015 Yamaha VX950(bolt)

Goats, Gimps and Wheels

#1 Unread post by Jamers! »

(15:04:17) Sev: you should start with
Sevulturus wrote:What's a bike?
JWF505 wrote:It's like a goat with wheels."

(15:04:34) Jamers: hmmm, might just do that

Ok, let me begin this. I am James. I am 19 and I live in Los Angles. I have my motocycle lisence and rode an 99 ninja 500 for about 4 ½ months. Then it was run over, that is the story below.

Well, my ninja is gone. Wasent sold or stolen. It was run over. I was leaving class and watching this guy in a big truck trying to back into a spot next to me. Then i see him reverse and hit my bike. Great, i though, anouther dent just what i need. Then i see it wobble and fall over. Just perfect. now im down a mirror and a turnsignal im thinking. But oh no folks doesnt end there. he apparently didnt know he hit it and reversed over it. Some might question why i wasent running to stop the guy, but by this time i was so stunned and the bike was thrashed that it didnt matter. Having now run it over he realizes what he hit so puts it into drive and runs over it again. Then he notices a me walking up to my mangeled bike. Turns out it was his first car (1984 F150 long bed) and that he was a new driver (hence the crappy parking skills). The first glance-over of the bike told me it was dead. Both mirrors gone, rear seat area bent krooked, rear tire off the wheel. Exhaust all bent out of shape. Throttle bent up. And something was leaking, didnt check it out but i think it was gas. The kid had insurance though and was nice enough to let me drive the bike back to my house in his truck. After calling progressive and having one of their peopel come look at it they said that it was totaled. Im gonna get a check for a few grand from one of the insurance companys in a few weeks i believe which im gonna use to buy a new bike. Oh, and just a note. The class i was leaving from when this happened i had just learned that it didnt count towards my transfering plan. What a great day, freaking great. So now im bikeless, helmetless (helmet was secured to bike but was cracked) and really pissed. Sorry just had to rant about that. Now, what to get for a new bike. . . hmmmmm. . .

though i do wish i had a digital camera, the carnage of the bike was pretty good and would have been fun to put in the ole scrap book. I need a drink, and a stoogie. Damn new drivers

Now, months after that, I am in the midst’s of moving into a different apartment and I was hoping on buying a 2ed bike when I got settled in. Then I was playing basket ball with some friends when I tore my akilies tendon. So now im in a lower leg cast with at least 6 months more likely a year of being off the foot. So no bike for at least 6 months or so. In the time being ill be posting blogs of my work and tinkering of my Jeep that I will be fixing up in the time being, and any other randomness I can think of.

My Beast

It is a 1982 CJ5. It has a chevy 454 big block droped in, dana 44s, a custom home made dash. A specialy wired toggle switch ignition, a CB radio, holly carbs and a whole lot of horse power. I know this a biker forum, but with nothing else to do I figure I might as well post something.

JWF
Insert something clever and showing an understanding of motorcycle culture here

ATGATT

Sev wrote:What's a bike?
JWF505 wrote:its like a goat, but with two wheels.
JWF

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Sev »

LoL, you actually started it that way. Well I'm glad to see that you've finally started a blog. But I'm depressed that you only started it because you're now layed up with a messed up leg.

On the bright side it's time for you to save up for a bike and decide which one you REALLY want. In the meantime keep downloading popcorn and stop trying to ride goats, you seem to hurt yourself everytime you try.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#3 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

That's a smokin' CJ. Always thought about getting one and fixing it up. This time around I bought a bike instead. :wink:

And remember when you decide on a bike. BLACK is the fastest color. Not Yellow as is so often erroneously reported. (See, the yellow doesn't even show up right in text....) :laughing:

Hope all goes well with your achilles and listen to your doctor and physical therapists. Good Luck!

Jamers!
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Jamers! »

Scoutmedic wrote:That's a smokin' CJ. Always thought about getting one and fixing it up. This time around I bought a bike instead. :wink:

And remember when you decide on a bike. BLACK is the fastest color. Not Yellow as is so often erroneously reported. (See, the yellow doesn't even show up right in text....) :laughing:

Hope all goes well with your achilles and listen to your doctor and physical therapists. Good Luck!

hahah, black over yellow, ok. Thanks for the complement about the CJ. Hoping that my doctors are just guessing high, dont want to be layed up for a year. . . though gotta listen to em though thats for sure.

JWF

ATGATT

JWF

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Sev »

Scoutmedic wrote:And remember when you decide on a bike. BLACK is the fastest color. Not Yellow as is so often erroneously reported. (See, the yellow doesn't even show up right in text....) :laughing:
I'd be glad to show you the backside of my slow yellow bike anytime ;)
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#6 Unread post by CNF2002 »

Love the CJ. I always kick myself for selling my 86 CJ7.
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

Jamers!
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#7 Unread post by Jamers! »

Ok, so its a been a while sence i wrote anything, mostly because i have nothing much to write as my days are filled of me sitting on my "O Ring" doing nothing, while i did buy a bike, 88 suzuki dr750s i cant find my camera so no pics, but a interesting story that i have pics to.

So i had this toy, this plastic cage with a ball bearing in it, the puzzle was to get the ball bearing out, i couldnt figure it out, here is the toy.

after getting fustrated i decided to run it over with my jeep, the one in pictures above, so i placed the small plastic toy under my 33 inch off road tires figureing it would be quite easy.

Turns out its a tough freaking toy, plastic is made well in china apprently because this little thing supported the whole weight of the jeep, took three passes to break it.

What finally broke it was sitting the jeep on top of the toy then pushing it to the side to snap the supports under the pressure. It was quite pleaseing to finally beat this stupid puzzle. Just thought id share this tale of boredome with you all.

JWF

ATGATT

JWF

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Sev »

I bet you do puzzles like my dad.

With a rubber mallet.

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#9 Unread post by VermilionX »

that's good problem solving skills there JWF!

i love it! :laughing:
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

Jamers!
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Jamers! »

VermilionX wrote:that's good problem solving skills there JWF!

i love it! :laughing:

i figure, if i cant figure it out then it deserves to be destroyed.

JWF

ATGATT

JWF