Confessions of a Commuter

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

He's A-OK

#261 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Hi everyone. We at TMW managed to contact CNF2002. :)

Here is is his reply.
It is very nice to hear from you. Thanks for your concern! Yes, everything is fine but…unfortunately; I haven’t been riding for a long time and have decided to sell the bike. I love riding, but lately it has been easier to drive a car to work. Right now having an extra fun-vehicle isn’t an option.

I hope the forum and everyone there is doing well. Thanks again!
So, now all of us can rest assured that he is fine and just does not ride anymore. :)

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 1998 V-Twin 1500 & 2008 Suski C50T

#262 Unread post by Patrick »

I think that is great that you all cared so much for a member and I am glad he is ok.

Pj
Keep the wheels on the road.

If you want check my blogg at this site.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=25466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#263 Unread post by CNF2002 »

Monday
Miles: 10,104
Mood: :bag:
Confession #93- My bike doesn't know I'm going to sell it.

So I have decided to sell my motorcycle. After a couple years of commuting, it has simply become easier to drive a car to work. Maybe it's laziness. Nevertheless, the bike has been sitting in the garage for quite some time, waiting for me to fire it up. Every weekend I say, "I'll take the bike on Monday!" and every Monday, the car wins. The Buell Blast is a great little machine, but it can't compete with satellite radio and air conditioning.

Of course, as soon as I decided to sell the bike, I had to take it for a little run and make sure it was in top shape.

It wasn't. I didn't even make it out of the driveway before it came to a clunking stop and I rolled into the street, much to the amusement of my teenage neighbors. A quick look over and I determined that the carbs must be clogged. So to get the bike running, I need to clean everything out, put in fresh fuel, and take another spin.

That was last month.

So here I am again ready to sell the bike. I still haven't gotten it running for sale, and the neglect is slowly eating away at my soul. The problem is; this bike simply isn't worth that much. I'm not exactly salivating at all the dollars I'll have for the iPho...flowers I can buy my wife. I also need to write a snazzy ad, because no one is going to want to buy this poor little thing.

There are many problems. First, it doesn't run. Second, I painted it with a can of Krylon from Walmart (though I'm pretty good - I have a nice painting I made when I was 10 hanging in my office next to one by a very famous artist, I assume, though I can't read the signature). Third, anyone reading this blog wouldn't buy it because they know all the problems I've had with it (but then again, you could say the bike is famous since anyone in the world can read Total Motorcycle and it's so recent, it's still on the first page!). They say in marketing that you need to turn your negatives into positives. Did I ever mention I won a honorable mention award for a 5th grade science project? This ad writes itself! Here we go.

FOR SALE

Used 2002 Buell Blast with 10,000 miles. Originally purple, but was hand painted by a local artist with works hanging in a gallery amongst other famous works. New pair of keys. This bike has had only two owners. It was ridden by an award-winning writer and featured in a top rated motorcycle chronicle. Excellent condition from most angles. This bike will be a fine addition to any enthusiast's preserved collection, as it performs best when not running. $60,000. Price is negotiable.

Let the bidding begin.
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 1998 V-Twin 1500 & 2008 Suski C50T

#264 Unread post by Patrick »

:laughing: Your post was great, before I could start bidding on such a historical piece of art where are you from? I suppose I would even need to pay shipping and handling and since it is such a rare collectors item I bet I would need to insur the shipping. 8)

Sorry to hear that you want to sell it, but a friend once told me that as we go through life, our priorities do change.

Oh heck I got an idea, I have a 1980 29.9 foot cabin cruiser Searay Sedan Bridge for sale. It is a large whole in the water that you through all your money, that is why I must ride. BOAT = Break out another thousand.

Good luck.
Pj
Keep the wheels on the road.

If you want check my blogg at this site.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=25466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#265 Unread post by AZRider »

Well,I am very sad to hear this blog will be ending.
You definitely have a way with words.
At least you went out on a high note.
Good luck to you in whatever you do.
Kawi VN1600

I dont give a damn what the name on the bike is..........Just ride it.

AZRider: Never met a bike he didnt like.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#266 Unread post by NorthernPete »

allways good for a chuckle. kope that you get another bike sometime and come back to two wheels....wait a second...
The Buell Blast is a great little machine, but it can't compete with satellite radio and air conditioning.
Hmmm, maybe instead of selling it for I-flowers, you should get yourself a Electraglide! it has one of the things you like...a satalite radio! and ermm...air conditioning...well, open your visor...or dump ice cubes in your gear.....snazzy.... problem solved!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F