Trapped Inside : Dreaming of Adventure

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Sex: Male

#161 Unread post by -Holiday »

so that was that. Let me know if anyone would like more specifics :)
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Vespa Rally 200 in pieces

[img]http://www.brian-payne.com/bikes/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/img]

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#162 Unread post by High_Side »

Thats a great looking Bandit. Looks like a fun trip as well. How did you hold that little "swim at your own risk" sign with your toes? Cool trick.

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#163 Unread post by -Holiday »

High_Side wrote:Thats a great looking Bandit. Looks like a fun trip as well. How did you hold that little "swim at your own risk" sign with your toes? Cool trick.
after riding all day its amazing what one can find sticking to their toes...
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

Locopez
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 09 HD Electra Glide Classic

#164 Unread post by Locopez »

cool pics...and looks like a great trip. Makes me itchy....my ride is a little less than a month away!! I can't wait.......going to tick off a few more states this year!!!

Thanks for sharing!!
07 Suzuki DR650SE & 03 HD FLHT Elctra Glide

Rubber side down....shinny side up!

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

Plans are for Fools!!!

#165 Unread post by -Holiday »

Hmm.

It's Friday, June 15th. Been a long, long shitty week at work. I don't have any obligations until tomorrow evening. I think its time to go home for my lunch break, and as my favorite Indian consultant comrades would say.."Do the needfull".

Tent? Tents are for Pansies! Hammock and tarp fit nicely. Hmm, might be time for a chain adjustment before I leave....

GPS? Yes...I love you GPS..

Clothes? Ehh, maybe I'll just sleep in my Joe Rocket pants.

Toothbrush? REAL MEN DONT BRUSH TEETH!

Ok, i'll get that somewhere before I stop for the night.

Well, its been an hour and a half between screwing around packing gear, and making a pizza. Better get back to work for a few hours...

Yes, perfect. We'll just park back in here in back of the parking lot by the dumpsters so as not to alert anyone to my unsanctioned early departure. BTW, please don't take my plate number and uhh, bomb something and claim it was me...or if you do, just dont do a half "O Ring" job. I dont want to soil my impecable reputation.

Anyway, it's time to write some emails and make it look like I did work today. Then its off to...the Poconos? Shenandoa? Gettysburg? It doesnt matter because....PLANS ARE FOR FOOLS!!!

more to come...
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#166 Unread post by -Holiday »

GRRRR, today is not my day. I noticed two things this morning:

- I have ANOTHER flat rear brand new expensive tire. Luckily I have insurance that will replace the tire, but I have to put the money up first and wait a few weeks, not to mention the hassle of taking it to the shop and getting ANOTHER new tire. This is the second time this has happened in just over a month, and both times has been with an almost brand new tire. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I don't think I'm going to get another Pirelli Diablo Strada.

-My Joe Rocket Phoenix pants which are less than a year old developed a problem:

I've only had the pants less than a year and I would not expect this type of damage from every day use. I've already emailed New Enough to ask what my options are.

I hate Mondays.
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#167 Unread post by -Holiday »

GRRR

still not riding.

Still have a rear flat tire, although in between working 12 hour days for the last week i did find time to take the tire off and put it in the tub where i found the tiny leak.

My gf wasnt too happy about the motorcycle wheel in the tub, but at least now I know where to place the patch. If I ever get time to do so...
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#168 Unread post by -Holiday »

mainly just because I can, I'm posting a pic of the tools I carry on the bike daily.

Anyway, I'm at roughly 5500 miles on the bike for the season, and just short of 10k since I got it last September. My Jeep sits and I'm on the bike almost all the time. Life is good at the moment.
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

WARNING

#169 Unread post by -Holiday »

WARNING! IF YOU RIDE A DUCATI DO NOT GO ON A GROUP RIDE WITH ME.

Remember a few months back when a Ducati rider, riding his brand new bike, decided to ride sideways on his fairing down the parking lot?

Well yesterday the opportunity presented itself again to ride with a Ducati. This time a 900 sport or something or other. I was leading a group of 6 riders out of the city on a twisty, heavily traveled road, Kelly Drive. IIN addition to the turns, there are blind corners, and worst of all Tar Snakes. You know, when they fill cracks in the road with tar? In the summer time when they heat up they can get very slippery. I've had a few close calls on them myself.

Anyhow, Mr. Ducati who was a friend of a friend, hit one of them, then hit some gravel, then got thrown over the handlebars. Luckily, he got thrown into the embankment on the side of the road which has lots of weeds and tall grass.

He was wearing full gear except for he had jeans on. He was OK, except his knee and hip were kinda bashed up. He was walking around and everything afterwards so it couldnt have been that bad, but I'm sure he'll be sore in the morning.

The Bike: ripped off turn signal, scraped fairing, possibly bent clip-on. I think it might have been drivable, but he was kinda shook up and decided to get it towed home.

After getting him checked out we left, at his urging. We went on our 200 mile or so ride to New Hope.

So anyway, if you plan to go on a group ride with me, and you drive a Ducati of some sort, you might consider re-considering.
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: WARNING

#170 Unread post by jstark47 »

-Holiday wrote:We went on our 200 mile or so ride to New Hope.
200 miles from Philadelphia to New Hope...??? :humm: You went via Baltimore??!!!! :mrgreen:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S