Cameron's [insert cliche motorcycle blog title]

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

Cameron's [insert cliche motorcycle blog title]

#1 Unread post by camthepyro »

Ok, so being as this is my first post in my blog, I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 17, I live in Acworth, Georgia (close to Atlanta), and I've always liked motorcycles, but fell in love with them when I started researching them after I dropped out of school (because I was under the impression [damn lying dmv] that you could get a motorcycle license without being in school, but more about that later). So I fell in love with motorcycles, and decided I had to have one. So about a month ago I bought a 1982 Honda Nighthawk 450. When I bought it, I knew nothing about motorcycles and assumed it ran fine, but later found out one of the carbs wasn't delivering fuel. But after lots of work, I got that fixed and now it runs fine.

Anywho, pic time!

my bike (and yes, the leak is fixed now):

and me:

So yeah, that's it for now.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#2 Unread post by camthepyro »

Ok, so now onto the GED/motorcycle thing.

When I dropped out of school in October 2005, I found out I couldn't get a car driver's license, because I wasn't in school. So I researched motorcycle licenses and everything I found told me that I didn't need to be in school to get one (the dmv told me that themselves on four different occasions). So, I talked my parents into letting me get a bike, and took a loan from my uncle to buy the Nighthawk. I bought the bike, and went to get my license, only to have them tell me I needed to be in school. To that I promptly told them that they themselves had told me I didn't, but she wouldn't back down. So I decided to get a Certificate of Attendance throught he GED program I'm in, but I just recieved a letter from them today telling me I can't get a certificate of attendance until I've actually registered to take the GED itself. So now I have to wait a month or more before I can get the certificate. Normally I'd just say fine, I'll wait. Buuutttt... I already took the loan from my uncle to buy the bike, which I need to be making payments for. I can't make payments without money, can't get money without a job, can't get a job without transportation. So I'm basically screwed for a month and a half. Anyway, needless to say, I'm very upset about it, and I'm about ready to blow up the DMV. But, there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll basically just sit here and rant.

'80 Suzuki GS 450

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#3 Unread post by fireguzzi »

After you get that GED you should enroll in dekalb tech and take the motorcycle service technology course. I took a couple of years ago and i loved it. Not to mention i qualified for all the financial aid and ended up getting paid about a thousand dollors per quarter!! to go to school. If you get the GED then the hope scholorship will give you, I think 300 bucks for books. And the other financial aid thing that i cant remember the name of gave me between 600 and 1200 dollors per quarter.

Anyway i just thought i would let ya know about that.
I guess i have a soft spot for motorcycle riding high school dropouts, seeing as how I am one too. :laughing:
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#4 Unread post by VermilionX »

congrats on fixing the leak!

:D
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

Re: Cameron's [insert cliche motorcycle blog title]

#5 Unread post by ZooTech »

camthepyro wrote: and me:

You look like you could be Jon Crosby's younger brother.

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#6 Unread post by camthepyro »

fireguzzi Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After you get that GED you should enroll in dekalb tech and take the motorcycle service technology course. I took a couple of years ago and i loved it. Not to mention i qualified for all the financial aid and ended up getting paid about a thousand dollors per quarter!! to go to school. If you get the GED then the hope scholorship will give you, I think 300 bucks for books. And the other financial aid thing that i cant remember the name of gave me between 600 and 1200 dollors per quarter.

Anyway i just thought i would let ya know about that.
I guess i have a soft spot for motorcycle riding high school dropouts, seeing as how I am one too.
Thanks, I actually was thinking about taking a motorcycle service course. End yeah, I get $500 from hope for getting getting my GED, to continue my education.
VermilionX Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

congrats on fixing the leak!

Thanks, took me forever to fix a simple problem, but it's fine now.

ZooTech Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: Cameron's [insert cliche motorcycle blog title]

camthepyro wrote:

and me:

You look like you could be Jon Crosby's younger brother.

Haha, maybe he's my long lost brother... if so, I'll ask him for some money to buy a 'busa, just to make people like Heimdall mad (even though don't think he comes on this board anymore, lol).

'80 Suzuki GS 450

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#7 Unread post by camthepyro »

Sweetness, I just got a call from the GED program I'm in, and they told me they're going to send me a certificate of attendance. So in about a week I'll be able to get my motorcycle permit!!!

'80 Suzuki GS 450

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#8 Unread post by camthepyro »

Scam.

One word, scam.

I totally got scammed today by a company called Blue Whale Publications, trying to sell me a "poo poo" magazine subscription. They called me, trying to get me to buy a magazine subscription. And I was about to buy it when the lady tells me I can't cancel it once I buy it. So I was like "fudge" that, I'm not signing up for something I can't cancel. So I told her no, I didn't want it, she kept trying to talk me into it. I kept saying no. Finally she just goesn "ok, I'm going to go ahead and bill you for it" and hangs up on me. So I look up this company on google, to look for their website so I can call them and make sure they don't bill me. Turns out they don't have a website, but there's information about them on a scam info website. So, I find out that alot of people get scammed by them, and get charged outrageous amounts (as in $1000 +) and if you don't pay, the report you to collection agencies. So now I have to close my current bank account (which, thankfully I overdrew, so it was frozen), and start a new one.

"procreating" scammers, I hate them, such leeches on society.

'80 Suzuki GS 450

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#9 Unread post by NorthernPete »

whne ya pick up the phone and dont get an answer after the first heoo...hello, (approx 3 seconds) hang up. youll usually en dup on a telemarketer thing..and they mispronounce your name too.... *L
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#10 Unread post by camthepyro »

Well, normally that's a rule I follow, but these people did answer immediatley, and pronounced my name correctly. And they were extremely polite an nice until I told them I didn't want their magazines.

'80 Suzuki GS 450