Cameron's [insert cliche motorcycle blog title]

NorthernPete
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#61 Unread post by NorthernPete »

sweet... My wife wont even sit on the bike with me..... I think it might have something to do with the fact that I flipped a Quad over on top of us once though.... :laughing:
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#62 Unread post by camthepyro »

Because everyone loves these stories.

Ok, so I was riding home from work, and was going down a two lane road. There was a CVS pharmacy on the left, with an entrance coming out onto the road I was on. There was a young girl (maybe 19) waiting to turn left, to go the direction I was going. So I see this, and I was sure she saw me, but slowed down a little anyway, just in case. Well, she didn't see me (or didn't care), and pull out right as I was passing, and tried to go into my lane (where I was), so I started blaring the horn, because I was anticipating this, and she swerved into the oncoming lane, which luckily didn't have any oncoming traffic in it. So she lowed down, and merged behind me, almost hitting the truck behind me. 50 feet later, she turns right into a neighborhood.

So yeah, people suck.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

Myself002
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#63 Unread post by Myself002 »

update man update!
Like Bob the MSF guy said "Smile your on a bike" :)

Member of DWPOMD

owner of a pretty red SV650S

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#64 Unread post by camthepyro »

Oh, sorry, my computer's wireless connection is dead (ironic considering I'm working a PC repair technician), and I can't fix it right now, for a few complicated reasons I'm too lazy to go over. So I'm stuck using my mom's laptop until I can get my connection back up, and I hate typing on laptops, so i haven't been posting much.

So, work is going pretty well. Riding is going well, not dead yet, although I have cagers still pulling dumb "O Ring" moves, including a girl change lanes into, and not even glancing back when I slammed on the brakes, and repeatedly hit the horn to worn her. But besides that, hasn't been too bad.

So yeah, that's about it.

'80 Suzuki GS 450

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#65 Unread post by camthepyro »

Sorry I had one of my scariest experiences today. It was storming horribly on my ride home, so horrible that I had to stop for about a half an hour at a grocery to wait for it to calm down because I was getting blow around very dangerously, as in, I couldn't control the bike.

So after the storm calmed down, I left the grocery store, and after a few miles, it stopped raining altogether. When I'm almost home, riding on still wet roads, I see someone who looks like they may pull out, so I decide to slow down a little. Now, I'll go ahead and confirm that no, I wasn't going fast, only about 35 or 40mph, and I barely used the rear brake, just slight pressure. But either way, I completely lost traction to the rear wheel. The bike started fishtailing horribly, rear swinging left, rear swinging right, and so on. As this was happening, I was absolutely sure I was going to crash, I was positive, I didn't think there was anyway I was going to save it. But, I kept the handlebars straight, and after a few swings back and forth, and some sliding, I was able to correct it and keep riding back home. Through all of this, the SUV behind me never stoped tailgating me.

'80 Suzuki GS 450

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#66 Unread post by camthepyro »

So, I haven't posted much lately, I've been busy with work, but I figured I'd post and let everyone know how happy I am that today I have officially been with my girlfriend for 10 months! Woot! :D

Life is good, she's out of town most of this month (to florida for a couple days, and then to Europe for 10 days) but when she gets back, we're going to be pretty much living together, so i'm excited about that.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, no, I'm not dead, and haven't been in anymore accidents.

'80 Suzuki GS 450

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#67 Unread post by VermilionX »

camthepyro wrote:So, I haven't posted much lately, I've been busy with work, but I figured I'd post and let everyone know how happy I am that today I have officially been with my girlfriend for 10 months! Woot! :D

Life is good, she's out of town most of this month (to florida for a couple days, and then to Europe for 10 days) but when she gets back, we're going to be pretty much living together, so i'm excited about that.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, no, I'm not dead, and haven't been in anymore accidents.
congrats man!

dang! i've been single for a long time now, i've gotten used to it. i dunno if that's good or bad. :laughing:

glad to hear you're still alive as you say. :D
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#68 Unread post by camthepyro »

Haha, thanks, it would be depressing that if I did die in a horrible burning motorcycle accident, no one on this board would ever know, everyone would assume I'd stopped posting...

Anyway, check out my bee sting story in the Total motorcycle talk sections thing, it's interesting.

And on a side note, a woman I work with pisses me off. She rides motorcycles with a prostetic leg, because she lost her leg in a motorcycle accident. So you'd think she'd be super safe on her motorcycle now right? No! Almost everyday she sees me walk in in full gear, and asks me how I can stand the heat in my jacket. Right on cue, as always, I tell her it's because I value my skin. Then we always get into a conversation about avoiding accidents, and she always ends up saying "no, you NEVER use your front brake on a motorcycle. That's bad, never use your front brake, every experienced motorcyclist knows that." God, some people don't learn.

And on another, very sad, side note. A friend of mine, after seeing the midnight showing of Pirates of the Carribean, fell asleep at the wheel of his 06 BMW M3, and crashed into a telephone poll. He knocked over a telephone pole, which ruptured his fuel tank, and instantly turned his car into a giant fireball. I've seen pictures of the car while it was on fire, right before he was pulled out of the car by a bystander, who saw him trying to pull himself through the window. The pictures are horrifying, the entire care, every inch of it has flames three feet high, the whole interior of the car is in flames. So he was pulled out of the car right before it exploded. After pictures of the car, literally show one big piece of melted metal, it's not even recognizable as a car. Right now my friend is in a coma in the hospital, with broken bones, and third degree burns over 30 percent of his body, he's been there for a week, and hasn't regained full consciencness yet. He's been to surgery twice for skin graphts, but the surgeries aren't going well. I know alot of you aren't going to have sympathy for him, as the accident was his fault, but anyone who is so inclined, your prayers would be appreciated.

'80 Suzuki GS 450

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#69 Unread post by camthepyro »

So I haven't posted in my blog in forever, and it was depressing me, so I figured I'd post something brief.

Not a whole lot has happened motorcycle wise. I feel like I've kinda got stuck in a rut as far as improving my skills goes. I think it's because I'm way to paranoid. I often have a hard time enjoying riding, because I'm always scared someone is going to kill me. I ride too slow most of the time (cars pass me alot), and I don't lean much in corners (I'm paranoid that I'll hit a tad bit of gravel, even if I'm turning on a familiar road that I know has no gravel). I ride everywhere (because my car just got running, and I haven't insured it yet), so you'd think I'd be pretty comfortable riding, but I'm always scared, and it drives me crazy. I want to be comfortable riding faster, I don't want to be that guy who holds up traffic, but I just can't get comfortable moving with traffic most of the time.

The only time I really go any faster then traffic is when I'm in a bad mood, after a fight with my girlfriend, after a bad day at work, whatever. When I'm upset, it's almost theraputic to put all my concentration into riding, and pushing my limits. But the rest of the time, I'm not trying to improve, I'm just trying to get where I want to go without dying, and without holding up too much traffic. Ugh, it's a depressing day when you realize you're actually trying to hit slow moving traffic, just so there's not pressure on you to go faster. I've only been riding 5 months, so maybe I'm just rushing myself, maybe I'm still getting over the accident 5 months ago, who knows, I just hope I get more comfortable. Maybe I should try to go ride some places where there isn't much traffic.

'80 Suzuki GS 450

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#70 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Maybe I should try to go ride some places where there isn't much traffic.
That is very true. There is NOTHING fun about riding in traffic to me.
Go find a long stretch of country road and just cruise. It may be an excellent way to allow yourself to relax. And that may be the key to improvement. I imagine that anxiety will limit physical as well as mental progression. So take a day off, leave the old lady behind, and find a long road to nowhere to clear the mind.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]