Sweet Tooth's Blog - A Ladies Perspective...

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Oh I definately will ! I'll try to get some in progress pictures as well...

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#22 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

As planned went to bike night and then dropped off the bike with Rudy, the guy who's fixing my bike. We went over some renderings that he had for my bike. I selected a really nice two tone design, with some tribal line work. I think it's going to look awesome.

I decided on a getting a solo seat when I change the seat out since a) I don't ever plan on carrying a passenger, and really shouldn't and b) it'll show of more of the art work on the rear fender, since it's an 800 it really dosen't have a nice big fender to show off as it is. I originally wanted to go with a diffrent saddle color, maybe a nice dark tan, but scratched that idea when I picked the color scheme. The color scheme is a dark rich teal color and black, both metallic. The tribal line work will be in silver... I honestly wasen't a big fan of Teal, I think Teal and I think "Miami Dolphins" but this is alot nicer than that.

I already took of the two toned clear/black wind shield and put the clear one on that my husbands Vulcan 1600 had. Looks much better, but we'll see how the bike looks like after the paint job and I might just take off the windshield all together.

You know it's funny, when I first got the bike I swore it was perfect and that I wasen't going to change a thing.... Famous last words I guess.. :wink:

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

The transformation has begun...

They took the bike apart last night, fixed the crack on the front fender and removed the back brake light and license plate holder, and sanded everything down. Here are a few pics in transition...

This the back fender with the license plate and brake light taken off, holes filled in and sanded...

Front fender with the crack fixed and sanded down...

Primed helmet...got match right?

and last but not least the bike down to bare bones...

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#24 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

I miss my bike :( I went to take Rudy some paint and I saw her there all dismantled and lonely. Then I looked at the box of parts and all the labeled ziplock bags and hoped that they would be able to put humpty dumpty back together again. This is one of those times that a left over bolt or something would not be a good thing. :shock:

I hope the bike will be ready for the weekend, but I doubt it. I also have to wait for the seat to come in so im at UPS's mercy. With my luck it'll get here first thing Monday morning.

I'll take some more pictures when he starts with the base coat, which I hope will be soon. This guy does some really beautiful work, im anxious to see it all done.

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#25 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Well as predicted my seat wont be here till Monday :? ... which is just as well because my bike isn't done yet and it's expected to rain all weekend long. I saw the bike yesterday, they're done with all of the priming and he was almost done sketching the design on the tank and fenders. He does everything free hand... He was going to start laying down some color today. CAN'T WAIT to get it back!

I should have taken some pictures, but wasen't planing on passing by and didn't have the camera with me...

MotorcykleAsh
Rookie
Rookie

#26 Unread post by MotorcykleAsh »

:clap:

I love bike mods!!! Good thing its gonna be a crappy rest of the weekend....it won't feel so bad!!!
If today is not your day.....make it your day!!

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#27 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

testing pictures...

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#28 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

I got my seat yesterday!!!! I ended up ordering a Mustang solo seat. Unfortunately there aren't alot of style choices for the 800, but this will do. I took the seat over to Rudy and at the same time checked out the progress on the bike. I took some pictures, the lighting was horrible but it'll have to do. I was hopeing that the masking was off by now so you can see more of the detail.

This is the helmet...

Next is the gas tank...you can just barely see the lines that will separeate the two colors, the lines will silver..

Last is the front fender, the rear fender will look the same...

The pictures really don't do it justice...they miss alot of the detail that's covered up for the painting. I can't wait to see it finally finished!!! I'm dieing to get back on the saddle, but this is really the best time to have done this because the weather down here in Miami lately has been awful... tons of rain, yuck

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#29 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Feeling kida somber today....not a good weekend. No I don't have my bike yet, but that's a diffrent story.

It started off great, the husband and I had a 2 1/2 hour ride (each way) up to Lake Okeechobee to meet up with some VROC friends from another board. We had a great time, good food, great ride, we stayed off the major highyways and took the back roads up there. It's amazing for a busy city, how some of the back roads can be so peaceful. The closer we got to the lake, the more farm land and cattle were around. Not to mention a couple of LEO's hidding in the shade, but we were cruising so it wasen't an issue. Anyways...besides it being a really HOT day, it was a good ride. I got to ride "dog" on the 1600 since I didn't have my bike and the Wing is in the shop getting the reverse motor looked at (another diffrent story).

Let me tell you how much it stinks to not be able to ride right now. Yeah it was great to have that "bonding" moment with the hubby on the back of the bike, but that got old fast...lol I hated not being in control. I told him at one point that I would drive and he could ride on the back...but ofcourse he didn't go for it.

Now for the bad part...

We got home around 4pm and had a message from my sister. When I called her back I found out that a friend of ours had passed away in a bike accident. He headed out Saturday morning around 7:30 to a softball game. He was going to fast around an exit curve and got his back tire caught on the guard rail. He flew 30 feet in the air and died instantly on impact, he snaped his neck. He was wearing full gear, but this is one of those times that it didn't matter. He was only 22 years old and had just gotten his endorsement in January... We were just kinda in shock when we heard the news. Life is to short aint it folks... :(
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#30 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

ooookay so I got my bike back from getting it painted yesterday. It took the guy 5 weeks, pure procrastination, but it's finaly done. I'm honestly not thrilled with it you can see alot of imperfections in person, but i've been off the saddle for too long to worry about it. At this point it is what is it... Rudy and my husband had a serious conversation about the quality of the job and came to a fair price for the work, needless to say it was alot less than originally quoted.

Tonight were going to wire the back lights, attach the side mounted license plate, attach the dash and give her a good cleaning. She'll be ready for my ride on Saturday up to Sebring, Fl.

The pictures are a little crappy because it was late at night, i'll get better pictures this weekend on my ride. The flash tends to wash out parts of it.

Last night we losely bolted everything on just so that they wouldn't be lying on the floor, we'll go back tonight an tighten it all up once were done.

2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!