Sweet Tooth's Blog - A Ladies Perspective...

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#51 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It sounds like you had as busy a summer as I did. thanks for the pics. The paint job on your bike is very nice. I can see why you wanted a solo seat on your bike.

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#52 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Thanks Blues!
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#53 Unread post by t_bonee »

Nice pics Sweettooth. My brother has been in Key West since 9/15 visiting his long distance girlfreind who lives there. My mom is going down this weekend. My wife will be in Key West in December for about the fourth time in five years.

Me you ask? I've never set foot on the sandy shores of Key West. Nobody will take me with them.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#54 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

t_bonee wrote:Nice pics Sweettooth. My brother has been in Key West since 9/15 visiting his long distance girlfreind who lives there. My mom is going down this weekend. My wife will be in Key West in December for about the fourth time in five years.

Me you ask? I've never set foot on the sandy shores of Key West. Nobody will take me with them.
So your brother experienced bike week down there! Your family keeps coming down here with out you?! You need to escape in a piece of luggage or something.
2006 VTX 1300 R

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#55 Unread post by t_bonee »

Yeah. He called me a couple hours ago, and was rubbing it in that I'm working. I asked if he seen all the bikers and he said it was a huge deal. They couldn't get into bars because they closed them to bikers only and what not.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

I saw the coolest thing out on the road today!

#56 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

We took a ride into Everglades National Park, it's a good 40 miles from the guard house to the end of the park, so it makes for some good riding with very little traffic and today we had some awesome weather. The only thing with this park is that every once in a while you'll run into a vulcher (sp?) or two on the road having a meal. It's usualy not a big deal, you just honk and they're off.

So, we're already on our way back and i'm leading. I see something in the distance and think "That's a really big bird!" So I honk and nothing... I get a little close and think "hmmm looks like a log, but it's moving?... HOLY CRAP it's an ALLIGATOR!" It was walking in the middle of the left lane. I was already too close to it with 5 bikes behind me to really do anything else but point to it and zoom by it on the FAR RIGHT hand side on the other lane. Thank God it didn't decide to go right.

Next thing I see is a group of bikes coming towards us in the left lane and I think what the heck is the hand signal for huge alligator on the road? So I extend my left arm straight out and start opening and closing my hand (you know, like you would do shadow puppets?)...lol They were probably thinking WTF?" now that I think of it I should have just signaled him to slow down.

I've been in that park a million times and have never seen a gator on the road. I think he was trying to warm up on the pavement. I'd hate to think what'll happen if someone wipes out and flies into the brush....
2006 VTX 1300 R

Z
Rookie
Rookie

#57 Unread post by Z »

How shameful! I've become one of those people that started a blog and didn't keep it up. Well, i'll give you a fast forward recap to catch ya'll up. I've just been riding my little heart out. I'm on my second motorcycle and I've clocked about 20,000 miles since I started riding in Feb of 06. I've ridden allover S. Florida to diffrent rallies and events and have even ventured off on some soul cleansing solo trips. All in all pretty uneventful stuff...

Riding in S. Florida is has it advantgages... we have great year round riding weather and some beautiful ocean views, however the main disadvantage is that after a while you start to feel like a hamster in a wheel. There are only so many roads down here. I want more roads!!! The solution? hightail it out of Florida for some real riding.

So... with the impending long 4th of July weekend and the kids being off at camp my husband and I decided to just do it. We're planing a trip up to TWO (Two Wheels Only) in Suches, Ga. We're leaving early Thursday Monring (July3rd) and we'll return on the following Sunday. Stay tuned for some trip blogging!
Safe Riding
-Z

2006 VTX 1300R
Patriot Guard Rider - South Florida Road Captain

Z
Rookie
Rookie

#58 Unread post by Z »

Well, I got back from my trip a few days ago, but i've been to busy catching up at work to post so I apologize for the delay....

You can find the entire blo here http://ourappalacianadventure.blogspot.com/

It was my first ride up in mountain roads. We rode from Miami, FL up to Suches, Ga... about 1600 miles in 5 days. My longest road trip by far and we had a spectacular time. Already planing the next one!
Safe Riding
-Z

2006 VTX 1300R
Patriot Guard Rider - South Florida Road Captain