1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

Re: Rockster Blog...

#62 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Well. It's February. I've become a cold weather wimp. I'll ride in the 50's but not lower. Having had no other choice but to ride in all temps while we had 4 drivers and only 2 cars (while kids were in high school), I'll take the car if its cold. But come warm weather I'll be commuting by motorcycle.

I've been "modding" my beemer slowly. Added P3 lights and Photon Blasters last year. http://www.skenedesign.com/lights/ also added a charge port the bars for my phone.

The Clearwater Lights and Stebel Nautilus Compact horn I ordered have arrived and are awaiting installation by my electrician (hubby). He's already installed the fuse block and relay so the wiring will be clean.

At some point, I'll be upgrading the seat to a taller one. The stock seat is about 2 inches lower than I'd like, but it isn't as uncomfortable as I imagined it would be. I survived the ride from Lynchburg, VA to Dayton, OH (for Bug Bash last summer without too much discomfort.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#63 Unread post by Hanson »

Clearwater has a reputation for quality products. Please let us know how you like the lights.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#64 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Still riding. Though not as much. At all. The Clearwater lights are AWESOME. The horn doesn't fit in the tiny spot the old horn was tucked into. Lucked into a very lightly used Russell Day Long custom saddle for the bike - someone bought a used R1200R and it came with it, but the "butt pocket" and raised sides made it really tough for the owner to touch the ground, so he offered it on ebay for about 2/3 what a new RDL cost. Love the seat.
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

JackoftheGreen
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#65 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Glad to hear you're still riding, and excited to see someone else popping into the old forums. I've missed this format, hoping we might see a return to more web-based conversations like these.