sugokrang
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2019 / Honda / XRE 190 ABS

Riding down stairs everyday

#1 Unread post by sugokrang »

Hi, I have a Honda XRE 190 (since 2019) and a few weeks ago I moved to a new house. I park my motorcycle close to my house but it's not that close to the street, I enter to my house down a ramp and no problem with that. The issue is when I go out I have to ride down 5 stairs (close to 15cm high x 20cm deep), because there is one part of the ramp too steep to go up.

I ride down those 5 stairs everyday (since a week ago) and it's no problem for me, I feel it fine, buy I'm worried it can affect my motorcycle at short, middle or long term.

Then, I would like to know if it can affect my motorcycle or is it fine for it? (Honda XRE 190). I take it to the workshop every 3 months for my regular oil change and a general review (change parts, tight everything up and a general maintenance).

Thanks beforehand and I really appreciate your answers.

shawn2876
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 89
My Motorcycle: tamiya

Re: Riding down stairs everyday

#2 Unread post by shawn2876 »

It assists you with getting more fit. Climbing steps for an hour is an exceptionally extraordinary type of activity and has monstrous vigorous advantages.

sugokrang
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by sugokrang »

shawn2876 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:40 pm It assists you with getting more fit. Climbing steps for an hour is an exceptionally extraordinary type of activity and has monstrous vigorous advantages.
¿What? I think I was specific with "ride a motorcycle down stairs", different with walking up stairs.

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#4 Unread post by pchast »

I don't totally understand your question.... Is it will it holdup to the bumps? I think no one can answer that with any certainty.
:D
Its characterized as an adventure motorcycle in some reviews I checked. If so, it has most of the construction to handle off road work when approached responsibly. Its possible you will need to be vigilant with maintaining the bike's connections( bolts, bearings and axles, front forks and rebound settings, etc. ).

I'd be more concerned about your health handling that stress daily.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

sugokrang
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by sugokrang »

pchast wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:38 pm I don't totally understand your question.... Is it will it holdup to the bumps? I think no one can answer that with any certainty.
:D
Its characterized as an adventure motorcycle in some reviews I checked. If so, it has most of the construction to handle off road work when approached responsibly. Its possible you will need to be vigilant with maintaining the bike's connections( bolts, bearings and axles, front forks and rebound settings, etc. ).

I'd be more concerned about your health handling that stress daily.
First of all, thank you for your answer. It's not stressful for me, I think is soft for me.

I am very careful with the bike's maintenance, but as you say, the bike it's supposed to handle that with no problem, but if it doesn't then I should find another place to park it.

Thank you again. :thumbsup: