Die cut vinyl bike frame stickers?

PreyGirl
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: Hond 125

Die cut vinyl bike frame stickers?

#1 Unread post by PreyGirl »

I just got a lot of on a Nashbar aluminium road bike frame new-in-box. It came with a white pearlescent paint job for which I'm pretty alright. My idea is to do a full frame & fork design in Illustrator and have it die / laser cut onto vinyl sticky outer grade stock as my whole decoration. Is anyone ever done that here? Any advice as to where to start with companies at fair rates which can allow 1-off cutting runs? Or do I need to visit a local sign store? Please accept any advice. TIA: TIA.

Barbarapoe
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: Suzuki

Re: Die cut vinyl bike frame stickers?

#2 Unread post by Barbarapoe »

PreyGirl wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:43 am I just got a lot of on a Nashbar aluminium road bike frame new-in-box. It came with a white pearlescent paint job for which I'm pretty alright. My idea is to do a full frame & fork design in Illustrator and have it die / laser cut onto vinyl sticky outer grade stock as my whole decoration. Is anyone ever done that here? Any advice as to where to start with companies at fair rates which can allow 1-off cutting runs? Or do I need to visit a local sign store? Please accept any advice. TIA: TIA.
Hello,

Creating die-cut vinyl stickers for your Nashbar aluminum road bike frame is a unique and creative idea! You can start by designing the graphics in Illustrator, ensuring it fits the frame's dimensions. Look for online custom vinyl sticker companies that offer one-off cutting runs at fair rates. Many companies specialize in custom stickers and decals, allowing you to upload your design and select the material. Alternatively, visiting a local sign store may also be helpful, as they might offer similar services and potentially provide guidance on the process. Ensure the vinyl is suitable for outdoor use to withstand the elements and enhance the bike's appearance. Good luck! TIA.

Barry89
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: herohoda

#3 Unread post by Barry89 »

Hello,
Creating a custom vinyl design for your Nashbar aluminum road bike frame sounds like a unique and creative project! While I don't have specific recommendations for companies, I can provide you with some general guidance on how to proceed:

Design Preparation:
Use Adobe Illustrator (or a similar software) to create your custom frame and fork design. Make sure the design is suitable for die or laser cutting.
Convert your design to vector format to ensure it can be easily scaled without losing quality.

Finding a Company:
Look for companies that offer custom vinyl cutting services. Search online for "custom vinyl cutting" or "vinyl decals" companies.
Check for reviews, testimonials, and examples of their previous work to ensure they provide high-quality results.
Contact multiple companies to inquire about their services, rates, and minimum order requirements.

Materials and Specifications:
Discuss the type of vinyl material suitable for outdoor use and ensure it can withstand the elements.
Specify the dimensions, colors, and any other details related to your design.

One-Off Cutting Runs:
Many vinyl cutting companies can accommodate one-off or small runs. Make sure to communicate your specific needs.

Remember that each company may have its own processes, rates, and capabilities. It's a good idea to gather quotes and compare options to find the best fit for your project. Be clear about your requirements and expectations to ensure a successful outcome.

Lastly, if you're unsure about any step in the process, consider consulting with professionals or seeking advice from biking or DIY communities, as they might have insights based on their own experiences. Good luck with your bike frame customization project!

jamesrussell
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2022 BMW K 1600 GT

#4 Unread post by jamesrussell »

Thanks for sharing this useful information. This is what I am looking for