Tia
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: N/a

Help!!

#1 Unread post by Tia »

So I’m trying to buy my first motorbike (through private sellers). But I don’t have anyone who is able to come with me and test ride it for me as I’m not confident doing so just yet. I’m also a beginner and only know the basics so I won’t know if the seller is going to rip me off !!!

What should I do ? Any help will be appreciated ! 😊😊

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: Help!!

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

Did you take a beginner riding course? If the instructor lives near by, maybe they'd be willing to do it as a favor? Or reach out to a local riding club..... meet some people, make some friends, see if there's someone reliable who would do it as a favor?

(For an experienced motorcyclist, it's always fun to have a chance to test ride a model of bike they'd not ridden before. Beats working.... or doing chores..... etc, etc)
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Tia
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: N/a

#3 Unread post by Tia »

jstark47 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:01 am Did you take a beginner riding course? If the instructor lives near by, maybe they'd be willing to do it as a favor? Or reach out to a local riding club..... meet some people, make some friends, see if there's someone reliable who would do it as a favor?

(For an experienced motorcyclist, it's always fun to have a chance to test ride a model of bike they'd not ridden before. Beats working.... or doing chores..... etc, etc)

Yes I did, but I wouldn’t know how to contact him.
Good idea, I’ll try to look up my local riding club!

Hopefully I figure something out !!

JackoftheGreen
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#4 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

The fastest way to get in touch with your local riding clubs will likely be Facebook. There are hundreds of regionally specific motorcycle groups to be found, and you're sure to find someone in those circles who would jump at this chance.

And while you're there, you should check out the TMW presence on Facebook as well. Links in my signature. :)