Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Re: I want to motorcycle ...

#51 Unread post by Hanson »

ABS may be a controversial subject among motorcyclists, but it is not among physicists which is why it is becoming a standard feature on so many cars and motorcycles. This is why the European Union passed a law in 2012 that made ABS mandatory on all motorcycles with a displacement greater than 125cc by January 2016. Do seat belts, air bags, crumple zones, or ABS make a car driver a better operator? Obviously not. It should also be obvious to even the most obtuse that all of these features make cars safer to drive by any operator without regard to skill level or experience. Moreover, it is the least experienced and the least skilled operators the derive the greatest benefit from safety equipment as they are the most likely to be involved in a crash. The data on ABS are no more difficult to comprehend than are the data on motorcycle helmets.

Yes, I am excited that I passed my MSF course, that I now have a motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license, and that I only have two payments left on my truck. I have wanted a motorcycle for a long time and it is no longer just a distant dream but a goal that will be realized in just a few months.

At this time I would like to thank everyone for their kind advice and tremendous patience and it is clear that it is time for a break. I will post again when I actually own a motorcycle.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#52 Unread post by Hanson »

ImageImage

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#53 Unread post by jstark47 »

V-strom 650 Adventure. Good choice, good bike. I have a friend who bought one as his first bike last year; it worked out well for him. Congrats on your new ride.

(By the way, your jacket looks a little.... ummmmm..... clean?) :mrgreen:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

harrysu
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: WJ150-18 WONJAN

#54 Unread post by harrysu »

Full of energy, still ride bike.
these is a web LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR good site, maybe you like some of them, good luck, my friend