Motorcycle clubs

ANDS!
Elite
Elite

#21 Unread post by ANDS! »

grymlocke wrote:i've been looking for a group to ride/hang with but after going to most of the ones in my area that I could find, I still haven't felt that 'connection' yet....
maybe I should start my own...the 'B.R.A.V.E.'
(Biker Riding Alternative V-twin Engines) for those of us that AREN'T part of the harley cult... :laughing: :twisted:
Check out Bay Area Riders Forum. Yea yea, its San Fran folks (our version of New Yorkers) - but they seem relatively harmless on the forums, and regularly have events set up.

Spike101
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#22 Unread post by Spike101 »

flw wrote:In the boonies there nothing but corn, soybeans, cattle, hog confinments and tons of bars.

The only open club I can find is a AA riding club. There are tons of clubs that ride to drink and not to ride for regular fun in the boon docks. Its a price of country living like gravel on every damm road.
I think someone here previously mentioned the Southern Cruisers Riding Club...they have about 30,000 members and have chapters just about everywhere...an excellent RC for those who just want to make good friends and ride.

jfeaz
Elite
Elite

#23 Unread post by jfeaz »

ANDS! wrote: Check out Bay Area Riders Forum. Yea yea, its San Fran folks (our version of New Yorkers) - but they seem relatively harmless on the forums, and regularly have events set up.

BARF?

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#24 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Yes, barf. However this is Cali and they briefly were considering naming the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) FART (something that starts with an F rapid transit.)
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

grymlocke
Elite
Elite

#25 Unread post by grymlocke »

ANDS! wrote:
grymlocke wrote:i've been looking for a group to ride/hang with but after going to most of the ones in my area that I could find, I still haven't felt that 'connection' yet....
maybe I should start my own...the 'B.R.A.V.E.'
(Biker Riding Alternative V-twin Engines) for those of us that AREN'T part of the harley cult... :laughing: :twisted:
Check out Bay Area Riders Forum. Yea yea, its San Fran folks (our version of New Yorkers) - but they seem relatively harmless on the forums, and regularly have events set up.
already there...same name too, look for me :laughing:

grymlocke
Elite
Elite

#26 Unread post by grymlocke »

Kitty wrote:Yes, barf. However this is Cali and they briefly were considering naming the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) FART (something that starts with an F rapid transit.)
too familar with BART, grew up in bay area...I even remember the fire :cry:

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#27 Unread post by flw »

Specific info on club I'm looking for would be 10 miles SW of Rockford Il. in a perfect world. It's too far from Chicago area just to start the ride. Also my bike doesn't feel well on all day tours.

I'd like to leave my garage and be back in less than 8 on weekends.

Hope someone could point me in the right direction. Weather still suck (today it might hit 50 :D :D :D ) and I have no winter gear. I have to slowly get that past the Mrs. Maybe a new pair of regular gloves and coat come fall :roll: The fancy ones for shoving snow :lol:
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

Re: Motorcycle clubs

#28 Unread post by Bubba »

flw wrote:I never belonged to a motorcycle club for no particular reason. Yet I see one listed on google "motorcycle club" and A.B.A.T.E.

I've read some of thier info and it seems more of a legal motorcycle rights organization than any type of riding club? BTW this is in the U.S.

Can anyone give me the short scoupe on this group or club?

Also are there any national riding clubs in the U.S. that do not focus on riding from one bar to another on each weekend? I don't drink before or while driving and never have. I don't know how exclusive the A.A. riding clubs are for those with no drinking problems since the only difference is they don't drink due to the disease and I don't because I choose not to.

Thoughts on A.B.A.T.E. or A.A. riding clubs?

Go to GOOGLE and key in : "Motorcycle clubs" "your state here"

You'll find a bunch
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------

ianmugoya
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Honda

#29 Unread post by ianmugoya »

I am a beginner and would love some more insight in this.

xemaynhapkhau
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: honda vario

#30 Unread post by xemaynhapkhau »

Is anyone come from Asia??
A motor blogger in Vietnam