Kawasaki GL600 Eliminator 1987

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male

Kawasaki GL600 Eliminator 1987

#1 Unread post by t_bonee »

Hi all,

I'm still in search of my first bike. The one I posted about the other day was sold. Bummer. Anywho, I've looked at a couple more and I looked at the above mentioned today. Anyone know much about the these bikes? Most of the info I've found on the web is about the 1996's.

It was in very good condition, tons of new parts. Battery, tires, all cables, radiator hoses, etc. A minor scratch on the exhaust from a low turn is about all the physical damage I seen. Being sold by a old man who must be 80 years old. He doesn't ride anymore. It felt good sitting on it and it seemed it would fit my wife when i pass it on to her at some point. My concern is that he bought if off a guy years ago who rode it year round. So it has high miles. 20,000. When I mentioned the miles, he said that 20,000 on a water-cooled engine isn't bad. Is that true? Also the clutch was very tight. I got him down to $1900 from $2200.

Are these decent bikes to invest in for a first timer?

Thanks.

--Tom

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#2 Unread post by t_bonee »

I know this is a blatant violation of netiquette, replying to your own post but, I'll take the lack of responses that this is not a good one to go with.

Thanks.

--Tom

nyrblue35
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by nyrblue35 »

I know this is a blatant violation of netiquette, replying to your own post but, I'll take the lack of responses that this is not a good one to go with.
i woudnt agree with that at all. hey, its passover weekend for those who are jewish i guess, give it another day...........and here's a bump anyway. i personally dont think that is alot of miles for that year IMO.

mswarrior
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by mswarrior »

mine has 48,000 on the od, and still going strong. It's all about maintaining your machine.
Many say live to ride, I say ride is to live.

Shooter629
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: GL-600

Re: Kawasaki GL600 Eliminator 1987

#5 Unread post by Shooter629 »

I have a 1986 Kawasaki GL600 eliminator with 10,400 miles on it for sale....any ideas of a good place to post a on line for sale?

Thanks