Noticing something

NorthernPete
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Noticing something

#1 Unread post by NorthernPete »

A lot of random words replaced with the word “winking”

Is that just me, or something else? (I see it in the title of different spokes latest post on cold weather driving) also seen it a few other places.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

Re: Noticing something

#2 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Anyone?
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Let me check the word filters, I bet that is the case.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Yup, that is what it was. I have fixed it up now.

As we go forward with technology many of the advertising companies will not advertise on pages with censored words, an example is using the "F" word in a post and that whole thread and post gets red flagged. So "winking" was my attempt at replacing that censored word with another... unfortunately the word to be replaced I put in as f* ing and the * is a Wildcard (meaning any word that started with f and ended in ing!). argh.

I removed it though. So thank you for pointing it out. Substituting words works but sometimes not the way intended.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

NorthernPete

#5 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Cook is replaced with stick as well. Just noticed. And check is now stick as well. Lol.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

NorthernPete wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:05 pm stick is replaced with stick as well. Just noticed. And stick is now stick as well. Lol.
LOL. Fixed! :)

I bet you couldn't guess what C word I was blocking for stick? :) (ok, don't put it here, just say it in your head and laugh)

Mike