totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Is Nothing for free anymore?

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

My wife asked me yesterday, is nothing for free anymore? Does everything free always have a catch?

Seems like 99% of things today as just like that. Free isn't free, it's free with a catch (sometimes a lot of catches). Everyone online wants your personal information, your social valuables, to sell you something to make profit from using you, all in the name of "it's free". Look at the biggest sites today and their T&C's, privacy statements and if it's not written in ancient legalize then you'll clearly see what they are offering for "Free" isn't free at all.

So to answer my wife's question, I quickly and honestly answered, "Well, Total Motorcycle is free". And that's the truth. Total Motorcycle, started by 1 person 14 years ago and still run by that 1 person (me), is 100%, no-catches, FREE. Sure, I've been approached by the biggies, offered large amounts of money to sell your information to them or to profit in some way. And they all leave with the same answer. NO, I won't do that to my 160 million visitors. I respect them and their privacy more than money.

Total Motorcycle is one of those very rare sites on the internet that won't sell you out. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only being a part of the Total Motorcycle family but also for visiting and supporting us by telling others about Total Motorcycle. You have put your trust in a safe spot.

Thanks for you making us the #1 motorcycle website in North America, year after year.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

Re: Is Nothing for free anymore?

#2 Unread post by pchast »

I do appreciate your work and dedication to us.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

pchast wrote:I do appreciate your work and dedication to us.
Thanks so much! Like you, I have a love and a passion for motorcycles and motorcycling and just want to share it with the world. Total Motorcycle is a pretty good place for doing just that. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

Where's that like button at?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#5 Unread post by High_Side »

In keeping with the theme I have not charged one cent for any of the insightful posts I have made in this forum over the past gazillion years :mrgreen: :laughing:

For the rest of you I know Mike personally and the internet would do well if the rest of the users had half of the integrity that this guy has (I say this despite him recently slamming my bike on the cool wall :rant: )hehe. Thanks for keeping this place great bud.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:In keeping with the theme I have not charged one cent for any of the insightful posts I have made in this forum over the past gazillion years :mrgreen: :laughing:

For the rest of you I know Mike personally and the internet would do well if the rest of the users had half of the integrity that this guy has (I say this despite him recently slamming my bike on the cool wall :rant: )hehe. Thanks for keeping this place great bud.
Coming from one whom I also hold in high regard, that's quite the honor, thank you! :notworthy:

Sorry for the uncool vote on your bike (LOL), I do think your Duke looks better though. :D
Wrider wrote:Where's that like button at?
:like:

Mike

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Speaking of nothing for free....

I went to a so called free tv site....a friend uses it.

The site wanted my credit card info. They claimed they would never use it....just wanted to verify my country.

I left the site as quickly as possible. If it is truly free, they don't need my credit card info.

blues2cruise

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Speaking of free....

It's time for another contest. :mrgreen:

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#9 Unread post by dr_bar »

blues2cruise wrote:Speaking of nothing for free....

The site wanted my credit card info. They claimed they would never use it....just wanted to verify my country.

I left the site as quickly as possible. If it is truly free, they don't need my credit card info.
Gee, are you talking about the site I sent you to? Never had that issue myself...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise

#10 Unread post by blues2cruise »

dr_bar wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Speaking of nothing for free....

Gee, are you talking about the site I sent you to? Never had that issue myself...
Yes