Big changes for the Total Motorcycle Forums (Oct 20-21, '12)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I am planning to spend some of my weekend re-designing our Total Motorcycle forums, the biggest change (right now) will be the total and complete removal of the top banner ad, plus the ads at the bottom of the page. Also the top header will be simplified as well with just the most important links.

I'd like to change the colours of the forum as well to a black/grey theme, but we will see about that. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Big changes for the Total Motorcycle Forums (Oct 20-21,

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Wow... You aren't kidding about a big change!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks! Well, I've been trying to eliminate ads as much as possible and the little photo ad is helping me offest the loss so why not right? :) And if I can make the forum easier to find the important things, why not too? :)

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#4 Unread post by pchast »

Makes sense to me.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#5 Unread post by dr_bar »

Gee, Andrea at work all week and you plan to bury yourself in the site while she's off... beyond my ken.

But I appreciate all the hard work that you do...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

dr_bar wrote:Gee, Andrea at work all week and you plan to bury yourself in the site while she's off... beyond my ken.

But I appreciate all the hard work that you do...
Thanks Doug (for the appreciation)... yes, been working for hours to make the site cleaner and ad free (I was going to remove the orange underline links and photo ads but I need some little revenue Andrea reminded me..haha)... but Andrea is right here beside me, she had homework to do as well so I was able to do all these changes for you guys. :D

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Anyone reading this:

I have done 90% of the changes now. You will notice the forum is about x2-3 times faster. (I still have to work on the MAIN SITE / FORUMS / PHOT GALLERY text in the image to move it over a little to the right). With the image (currently the golden yellow Suzuki image) I can change that anytime as well, which is cool. And check out the new TMW forum logo!

IF YOU NOTICE ANYTHING WRONG LOOKING OR STRANGE (or errors) with the new changes, PLEASE LET ME KNOW RIGHT AWAY so I can fix them. :D

Thanks!

Mike

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#8 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Mike, it looks great. I think the header looks excellent all cleaned up like it is, and I'm really noticing the decreased lag. Awesome, and thanx for your hard work.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JackoftheGreen wrote:Mike, it looks great. I think the header looks excellent all cleaned up like it is, and I'm really noticing the decreased lag. Awesome, and thanx for your hard work.

You are definately more welcome!

I am noticing the decreased lag as well, it's quite nice! And the cleaner look really is growing on me more and more everytime I see it. Now the next step over time is to phase out some of the blue and go a more into the red/black/white/gold type of look.

Anything I can do to make the place an even more enjoyable place to come I'm all over it. :D

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#10 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Hey guys! For the record, I'm sitting beside Mike (doing homework LOL) but supporting Mike with the changes. I hope you like what we've done! It certainly loads much faster... not that it was slow before... But the look and feel is also simplified across the top.

Let us know what you think! :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun: