totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Hacked this afternoon (July 25th) with main site page

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sorry everyone, we have been hacked (bad code hack) and I've re-uploaded the whole site (just to be sure everything is good and any hack has been eliminated) and changed all the site passwords. I am awaiting Google's review to give the site a clean bill of health, which hopefully will be shortly. Forums and galleries were untouched.

The main page (http://www.totalmotorcycle.com which is http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/index.html) has some loading issues (server related) and our host is looking into that to fix it. All other pages work fine.

Please continue to use Total Motorcycle with complete confidence as I always look out for my visitors safety and security 100% of the time. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hacked this afternoon (July 25th) with main site page

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Site has been restored to it's previous glory, but still waiting for Google to give us the green light (we are currently sitting at yellow).

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

Shocked the hell out of me this morning when I tried to log on and got a attack page alert. Guess we will have to find the hackers responsible and kill them.....only question to answer is, do we do it quickly, neatly and painlessly or do we go for the long drawn out painful and gory to the max route?
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:Shocked the hell out of me this morning when I tried to log on and got a attack page alert. Guess we will have to find the hackers responsible and kill them.....only question to answer is, do we do it quickly, neatly and painlessly or do we go for the long drawn out painful and gory to the max route?
Ya, I feel so bad for having been hacked there, I'm so sorry for all our visitors to see the alert page... how embarassing! :roll: :roll:

Thankfully, I got it right away and I and my host delt with it as fast as possible. Seems they used a BOT that got into the FTP by brute force guessing of the server password, added an ad code (so they got paid) and uploaded the files.

The great news was the server was backed up (finished) hours before they logged in so we didn't lose anything at all... now just waiting for Google to give the green light. :D

Mike

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#5 Unread post by Wrider »

I sent you a FB message about it earlier when I first noticed it happening.

Ceemes, I vote long, drawn out, painfully, and with plenty of maniacal laughter from our side. On the plus side the ads were all .com.au so it means we get to go to Ozzyland to do the deed!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

UPDATE: Great news, we have a clean bill of heath from Google:
Status of the latest badware review for this site: A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience this hacker has caused. Andrea suggested I put something up to mention Total Motorcycle is a clean site and how TMW takes our visitors privacy and security seriously. What do you think?

Mike

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

Wrider wrote: Ceemes, I vote long, drawn out, painfully, and with plenty of maniacal laughter from our side. On the plus side the ads were all .com.au so it means we get to go to Ozzyland to do the deed!
You are a cruel, vindictive, vicious and nasty piece of work Wrider, that's a trait I highly admire and one of the things I like about you. :laughing:
Always ask why.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#8 Unread post by sapaul »

:twisted: I am close to AUS and you know how we Souf Efrricans feel about them. just give me an address, I will post the vid
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#9 Unread post by Wrider »

ceemes wrote:You are a cruel, vindictive, vicious and nasty piece of work Wrider, that's a trait I highly admire and one of the things I like about you. :laughing:
:oops: Awwww I feel so loved now! Not to worry, I admire you in the same ways buddy!
sapaul wrote::twisted: I am close to AUS and you know how we Souf Efrricans feel about them. just give me an address, I will post the vid
Uh uh! You're not doing this without us! I'm an :cowboy:, so according to world popular opinion, I should be :shooting: him! (After I eat my McDonalds and figure out how to use a fork... :mrgreen: )
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I added this to our front page this morning as I think Andrea was right in suggesting it and I want to really re-assure our many visitors that not only we are a safe site but also I take their safety seriously.

Total Motorcycle back up and 100% safe again after hack attack

...In the early morning of July 25th we were hacked and bad code was added to our pages. Google was quick on the scene to alert me and our visitors to what happend (we have a close relationship with Google) and we had everything back up and running within 2 hours. I personally want to apologise for this as I take my visitors security very seriously and feel quite embarassed this happend and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience! I assure you Total Motorcycle is 100% clean and will always remain one of the safest sites you can visit. 2013 Kawasaki Motorcycle Model Guide