Anyone having Error Page issues with starting a new topic?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Anyone having Error Page issues with starting a new topic?

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jack of the Green emailed me and let me know he was having issues Sunday posting a new topic, is anyone else having issues as well? (please reply here if you can, or PM/Email me if you cannot).
I’ve been unable to post new topics under the TM forums for about two days. My user name is JackoftheGreen, and I first noticed the problem late Sunday evening. Any time I try to post a new topic, seemingly under any column, I end up on Error Page 403. This happens immediately after clicking Submit, Review, or even Save Draft in the new threat creation window.

Error Page 403 says I don’t have access and need a security clearance. I am able to post replies in existing threads, just not create new ones.
If you are having issues, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and I would like to get this fixed ASAP. Sunday/Monday Total Motorcycle was hitting the bandwidth top and this could have been the issue (I need to buy more bandwidth for May).

Thanks

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: Anyone having Error Page issues with starting a new topi

#2 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Mike,

I've since been playing around a bit with it, and I'm sorta at a loss. I can post a new topic titled "Test", and include "Test" in the body of the message, but when I try to post the topic I've been trying to post I get the error 403. I'm trying to decide if there's something in the body of the post that triggers it -- some text string or something. I have the post saved as a Wordpad document and I've been C&Ping in into the topic.

Any ideas?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Interesting... I have manually re-set your user permission for the forum, try posting again there. If not, I'm PMed you with my email so you can email what you are getting the 403 error posting and I can try it too.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

Wasn't having that issue, but around 1 AM MST this morning I tried logging into the site from a work computer (done it before without problems), and the layout was completely screwed up, plus any link I clicked lead right back to the screwed up forum home page.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks Wrider, let me know if you get that again (I assume since you posted above it's ok now?).

Update with the 403 posting error...

Aparently it's just 2 (very rare) words* together in his post the caused the error (*casin-o called). I am investigating further.

Mike

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#6 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Mike,

Thanx for your diligence in tracking this issue down, LoL, I can't believe it was such an obscure little thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I almost got the impression you were having fun?

I'm looking forward to getting the post put together tonight after work, stay tuned!

- Jack of the Green

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Yes, it's always fun to help find/correct/fix a problem and help make Total Motorcycle a better place for everyone to use and enjoy. :D

The issue was very unique and I never came across it myself before (and no one ever reported it), hopefully I can find a solution other than "don't use that word in your post" haha.

Have fun with your blog and thanks for creating it on Total Motorcycle to share with everyone!

Mike

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Wrider »

It did it again last night, so I assume I just need to clear cookies on that browser, and it's not a problem with the site.
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Try clearing the cookies... have you tried it on another computer or an cell phone or... ?

I am happy to work with you to find a solution.

BTW - Does it only happen once in a while or all the time?

Mike

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Wrider »

Yeah I will. FWIW the site works fine on both my home computer and my Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere, so it's definitely that computer, not an issue with the site.