totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Total Motorcycle Server upgrade to happen on Mar 17/2012

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

There is nothing more important to me than to reach out and help more and more people and one of the ways to achieve this grand goal is to make visiting Total Motorcycle an ever improving experience! My mantra for Total Motorcycle has always been "Helpful, friendly, useful and unbiased" and I think it's achieved that over the past 12 years! I've strived to offer more and more information in one spot than anyone else on the internet and I don't charge a single penny for it! Nada.

Although some have taken it upon themselves to help out with a greatfully appreciated donation, or click on a few ads when they visit or recommend us to their friends; all of which is awesomely appreciated. But that isn't the reason for this post, it is to let you know I am going the next step to making your visit to TMW even better by getting a new server.

We upgraded our server in 2006 and continued to purchase more and more upgrades to it but we have reached a limit and will be moving to a totally new server in March!

Sorry for being down for the 6-12 hours on Saturday March 17th but hopefully you will love TMW even more when the upgrade is done. :kicking: :kicking:

New Hardware & Software

We have been using our current server since 2006. And will be migrating to a new server provider to utilise better hardware which provides at least twice as much memory (16GB), much faster CPU and hard drive capacity. This also provides an opportunity to install a new operating system with the latest software updates and improvements.

When

Date Saturday March 17th, 2012
Time 5am GMT
Estimated Downtime 6-12 hours

Will be migrating to the new server on March 17th, 2012.
Services will be taken offline at 5am GMT so we can transfer all data to the new server.

A 12 hour window is there to complete the transfer but hope to be done in under 6 hours providing there are no unexpected issues.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Re: Total Motorcycle Server upgrade to happen on Mar 17/2012

#2 Unread post by mogster »

totalmotorcycle wrote:

Sorry for being down for the 6-12 hours on Saturday March 17th but hopefully
...............................................you can pass the time with a few pints of the black stuff :cheers:

Thanx for all the hard work Mike :clapping:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

You (and everyone) are most welcome!! It's a labor of love without all the pain... haha
Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Remember, upgrade this Saturday to a faster server is happening. TMW might be down in the morning but when it comes back up, expect faster loading speeds. :D

Mike

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#5 Unread post by madjak30 »

mogster wrote:you can pass the time with a few pints of the black stuff :cheers:

Thanx for all the hard work Mike :clapping:
Shouldn't it be a few pints of the "GREEN" stuff?? Green Beer...MMmmmm...BEER!!

Sorry Mike, you can't have yours until you're finished...then have a few...well deserved!!

Later.

PS.
TMW might be down in the morning but when it comes back up, expect faster loading speeds.

Mike
So your upgrading my six year old computer as well?...SWEEEET!! :P
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

You are all most welcome for the hard work over these past 12 years (man, has it been THAT long?! That is a bloody long time IMO). Yup, will have to get a green beer tonight at the Riuslip Crown Carvery (should be there at 7pm ish) : http://www.crowncarveries.co.uk/thewatersedgeruislip/ (in case anyone wants to drop by and say H!).

Well, it's upgrade Total Motorcycle first, then upgrade my stuff last, but the good news is I did get a new computer 1.5 years ago and a new laptop 6 months ago so that has really helped me while working on Total Motorcycle... plus the laptop allows me to work while on trips or in this instance for the next 2 months between the move from London, UK to Houston, TX. :D

Always accepting beer money (I can't take any liquor with me on the move so I have to start my collection over from scratch!) :lol:

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Anyone notice how much faster Total Motorcycle is today?? :mrgreen:

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Update tested as 100% fine. Also I have added an additional 750MB of server space as well for growth.

Mike

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#9 Unread post by pchast »

Good Job, Thanks again.

Pete
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#10 Unread post by dr_bar »

Loads way faster on the iPad, as well as the computer....

Thanks Mike...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"