Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Feb 2012 upgrade/update for Total Motorcycle

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great news everyone!

I just purchased an additional 750MB in server space so no worries about running out (hopefully) this year! That will put our server space at 6.5 GB of which 5.7GB is now being used (yes, that's pretty massive considering the average page size on TMW is 60KB!).

Also I have purchased a forum upgrade to the latest version of pbpBB just to make sure we are flying the best version possible with the best features, security and speed.

Speaking of speed this week I've been optimizing the site's code again (and limiting ad codes) to make the site load even faster! If you are in the USA (our server is in Dallas, TX) you will find the main pages now loading at 1.2-2 seconds! In Europe it's 2-2.5 seconds. That is a decrease of 1 to 2 seconds and almost 5-7 seconds faster than it was in 2010!

Let's see, what else is new... lots of new 2012 motorcycle models I've added this year so far so please be sure to check those out too. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.