agraebner
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

addition to the which bike to buy and beginners guides

#1 Unread post by agraebner »

Mike I have been thinking about what would have helped me enjoy riding more from the beginning and what would have effected my decisions along the way. As I stated in another post on this site there are some very important aspects of riding that are either taken for granted that people are thinking about it or they are ignored altogether. I would like to see a very simple list put together with the groups input to help new and aspiring riders make smarter decisions based on their own needs.
1) why do you want to ride a motorcycle and what do you want to get out of it
This is a very basic question that effects every aspect of riding from selection of bike to gear to even the most simple question. (is riding for me ???)
2) how and where do you plan on riding?
Are you just wanting to commute?
are you going to be joy riding?
are you going to be touring?
This effects what bike you should be considering as well as what gear you should get.
3) other things to consider
Can the bike be adapted with accessories for any other needs you may have
What if you need to carry some items can this be done on the bike your looking at.
are you going to be riding two up will the bike support it.

This is just some thoughts I threw together I will leave them to your much better organized mind to process...... This information was never brought to my attention before I bought my first bike. I see many other people that dont consider these things before their first bike purchase. I feel that it would be a MAJOR benefit to people entering the world of motorcycles if we could all compile a list of such things. Our cumulative experience and knowledge will save people from making decisions they might regret later or wish they had made differently. ( I know it would have for me)
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: addition to the which bike to buy and beginners guides

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great ideas! We should make a group list of these items and add them into the Beginner's Guide to Motorcycling. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.