New Social Toolbar coming to TMW! Introducing Meebo Bar.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I have some great news! The Meebo bar (Social networking bar) is coming to Total Motorcycle! Total Motorcycle will be using Web 2.0 technology to link your Facebook, Buzz, Twitter, Yahoo accounts in one spot so you can share TMW pages with your friends! Also the Meebo bar allows you to chat on Facebook Chat, Meebo Chat, AIM, Windows Live and Google Talk right from Total Motorcycle as well!

What else can it do? You'll see you will be able to drag images right from any page on Total Motorcycle to share them.

PLUS

You can click on Total Motorcycle buttons on the bar such as:

Total Motorcycle Facebook Page (like)
Total Motorcycle Twitters
and click on the +LIKE button to instantly show what pages you like on Total Motorcycle to you Facebook account.

Amazing eh?

Oh, and there is 1 ad, but I guarantee you haven't seen quality ads like this before! What till you see the motorcycle ads! (roll over the ad bar to load and active the ad)

NOT a big fan of the Meebo Bar?

No problem! You can HIDE the bar till your next visit. (I made sure to opt-in on this option for you guys)

Let me know what you think.

Mike
Attachments
Meebo Social bar
Meebo Social bar
TMWmoobo.jpg (63.05 KiB) Viewed 9636 times
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Social Toolbar coming to TMW! Introducing Meebo Bar.

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I just wanted to add...

In 2010 I began the process of linking Total Motorcycle with Social Sites to enhance the TMW user experience and to bring more people to Total Motorcycle. So far, it's been good (but a lot of work). We have a TMW YouTube, TMW Twitter, TMW Facebook, TMW Blogger, TMW RSS News Feed page so far.

In 2011 the Meebo Bar is just another extension of the TMW Social Networking enhancement. Meebo and I have been working on this for Total Motorcycle for a couple months making sure to remove all the bugs in it (so you didn't have to be "bugged").

I really hope you find it useful, play with the TMW Meebo bar and let me know what you think, it's really quite cool.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#3 Unread post by sunshine229 »

When I first saw the Meebo tool bar it was on Trip Advisor (not sure it has as much use there as on a site full of media such as TMW). I really like the concept and look forward to being able to use Facebook chat outside of Facebook!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Glad you find it useful! I've been using it myself and think it's really quite neat. A lot of high-end sites have it and when Meebo approached me about having it on TMW I thought it would be good for our visitors... but I MADE SURE it was as bug-free as possible and unobtrusive as possible as well.

Hope you enjoy using it. :D

Mike