totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Less Ads on the TMW Motorcycle Community Forum

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I know people don't like ads and I'm one of them. They can be annoying or distracting and when they get in a way I remove them. Right now I've taken away the ad that's at the bottom of the forum page (the big square). I'm hoping two things will happen:

1. The forum will have 50% less ads on it thus be more enjoyable for everyone.
2. It will load faster (less code)
3. It will encourage more people to visit the forum at a greater frequency. (more traffic is always good)

There will be a loss in revenue to remove it and I know the vast majority of visitors and members don't mind the ad being there at all, but I've always viewed if I can remove and ad I will if it improves the TMW experience. I have the links at the bottom of the page and they all support TMW through affilate programs (eg. GoPro). If you use the link below, buy something from them, the TMW community gets a little cut of the price which 100% goes to supporting the site.

Thanks for being a part of the TMW Motorcycle Community!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Less Ads on the TMW Motorcycle Community Forum

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I clicked on the Starbucks ad.....it's a good one.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:I clicked on the Starbucks ad.....it's a good one.
Thank you! :D

:santa:

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just wanted you all to know there are now 50% less ads in our Forums. (we only had 2 ads, 1 for green intelliTXT links and 1 for mobile phone). The mobile phone one has been removed as I found it bothersome, even though it did help pay the bandwidth...

That just means you should click on the green intelliTXT links more often to support the forums. :)

Mike