Please lose the obnoxious zwinky ad

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#11 Unread post by BuzZz »

O.k. look, don't tell nobody, but I've been looking into cruisers pretty heavily lately. My Brother-in-law is looking for one, so I've been researching them a fair bit. Keep it under your hat, eh. I got a reputation to uphold.

I think the 1300 is a far better bike for 95% of the people who want one. Lighter, cheaper, better handling, and plenty of 'go'. I bet you would be much happier with the 1300.

The only problem I can see is that you might have to look around a bit to find a blue one. :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#12 Unread post by dr_bar »

I don't know, the 1300 tourer looks pretty blue to me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#13 Unread post by blues2cruise »

dr_bar wrote:I don't know, the 1300 tourer looks pretty blue to me...

That's what I had in mind. I rode one at the conference. It was nice.

Also...for 2010...they redesigned the handlebars. Too many people (including me) did not like the original bars.

blues2cruise

#14 Unread post by blues2cruise »

BuzZz wrote:O.k. look, don't tell nobody, but I've been looking into cruisers pretty heavily lately. My Brother-in-law is looking for one, so I've been researching them a fair bit. Keep it under your hat, eh. I got a reputation to uphold.

I think the 1300 is a far better bike for 95% of the people who want one. Lighter, cheaper, better handling, and plenty of 'go'. I bet you would be much happier with the 1300.

The only problem I can see is that you might have to look around a bit to find a blue one. :wink:
Researching for brother in law...yeah right.... :P

Your secret is safe..... :wink:

BuzZz

#15 Unread post by BuzZz »

That bike does indeed look pretty blue. I can't find that on Honda CA's website, is that the 2010? I notice it has different front fender, paint accents and bags than the pics they are showing on there. The bars look higher and bent differently as well.

Like I said, I've been researching them a bit, but not hard enough to have bothered looking at colors sitting on the showroom floor. Dad almost bought a white 1300R last fall, but his physical condition hasn't been good enough to ride since then, so it's a good thing it snowed before he made the deal. I liked the bike well enough for the style.

I've tried to get the Bro-inlaw to consider one, and he was pretty interested, until we went to bike night a couple of months ago. He saw a nice VTX there and liked it alot..... until a nice middle-aged woman got on it and rode off. He now claims that he can't help but think of it as a chick bike now...... :roll:

:laughing:

blues2cruise

#16 Unread post by blues2cruise »

BuzZz wrote:That bike does indeed look pretty blue. I can't find that on Honda CA's website, is that the 2010? I notice it has different front fender, paint accents and bags than the pics they are showing on there. The bars look higher and bent differently as well.

Like I said, I've been researching them a bit, but not hard enough to have bothered looking at colors sitting on the showroom floor. Dad almost bought a white 1300R last fall, but his physical condition hasn't been good enough to ride since then, so it's a good thing it snowed before he made the deal. I liked the bike well enough for the style.

I've tried to get the Bro-inlaw to consider one, and he was pretty interested, until we went to bike night a couple of months ago. He saw a nice VTX there and liked it alot..... until a nice middle-aged woman got on it and rode off. He now claims that he can't help but think of it as a chick bike now...... :roll:

:laughing:
chick bike...
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they come in other colours, but it sure does look good in white.

That particular bike in the picture is the Yamaha 1300. Aluminum frame to help keep the weight down, liquid cooled, belt drive, fuel injected.

BuzZz

#17 Unread post by BuzZz »

See how much attention I pay to cruisers, lol. Never even noticed that it was a Yamaha, not a VTX..... D'oh....

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: VTX 1800c

#18 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

I really like my VTX, more power than anyone, but me needs, but they are heavy and when you are ridding it you can tell, still fun though
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (sold) Have fun in Mexico Mr. Vulcan!

YES my spellin sucks, get over it, or you can be my personal spell check