Problem with Browsing on my iPhone

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#11 Unread post by jonnythan »

I just spent some time poring over the HTML on the index page, and there's absolutely nothing different about those two forum titles. The bug doesn't exist on Chrome or Safari, both of which use the same Webkit rendering engine. I suspect the iPhone browser uses a different version and it'll go away the next time it's updated.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jonnythan wrote:I just spent some time poring over the HTML on the index page, and there's absolutely nothing different about those two forum titles. The bug doesn't exist on Chrome or Safari, both of which use the same Webkit rendering engine. I suspect the iPhone browser uses a different version and it'll go away the next time it's updated.
Thanks Jonnythan for doing and verifying that.

Glad we could all work together to "solve" this issue, please let me know on your next iPhone update if it goes away by posting again in this thread. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dean owens
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: '06 Yamaha Fz6

#13 Unread post by dean owens »

Wrider wrote:
dean owens wrote:
Wrider wrote:Eh it's just those hoity toity Macs and their built-in problems... hahaha
hey now! :rant:
:laughing: Oh I'm just messin with ya! I like those iPhones... But my fingers are too big for them too unfortunately.
i know. i probably should have put a :D in there to make sure you knew i was just messin'. honestly, i only got one because i now have a bus ride as part of my commute to work. i do have a mac. and it syncs nicely with it. now rather than wasting 40 min a day on the bus, i can check email and reply to people. it really has helped to free up office time.

anyway, i'll let you know if the "problem" ever gets fixed.
Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6 (Faster Blue)

Previous: 1983 Honda GL650 Interstate (given back to previous owner)

Project: 1980 CX500 Custom - making a cafe racer

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100

#14 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

Still not fixed as of today (a few days after a major O.S. update).

Not a big deal or anything - just weird. It may just be the amount of text in that box affecting the size, for whatever reason. :dunno: The only boxes that do that are the ones with a lot of text. (The blogs, for sale, Merchandise, and Suggestion Box all do this)

No biggie - just updating this.
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." Alexis Carrel

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, let's do a test. I changed the vote forum description to something shorter. :D

Does it still come up in big text?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#16 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Ok, let's do a test. I changed the vote forum description to something shorter. :D

Mike
Now it's a normal size. The others with a lot of text show up in a larger font size still. :dunno:
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." Alexis Carrel

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

PacificShot327 wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Ok, let's do a test. I changed the vote forum description to something shorter. :D

Mike
Now it's a normal size. The others with a lot of text show up in a larger font size still. :dunno:
Ok, now we are on the right track!

I shorted up a lot of the forum descriptions, did the problem go away? :D

Mike

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#18 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

Yep, every thing looks normal now. Thanks! :D