Can Am Spyder

irish2themax
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Can Am Spyder

#1 Unread post by irish2themax »

Could you list the BRP Can Am Spyder in the Manufacturers Forum section?
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God

SE5 Phantom with Cal-Sci 23.5” windshield, HID Fog lights, HID Headlights, Micron muffler, Triple Play II Taillight Kit, 5" Pullback bars, Footpeg kit, Center Console, Cup Holder, GPS Mount, Mirror Extensions, Phantom Black Kit, 6 Spoke Wheels, Side Panel Trim, Corbin Saddle Bags and Saddle Seat, MC Cruise Control

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Nice ride! You're the first one on here with a Spyder actually.

Do you have the manual or electric shift version?
Finding a lot of other riders of Spyders out there?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

irish2themax
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by irish2themax »

Thanks, Wrider...I have the electric shift with an Australian-made cruise control from MCCruise. After two back surgeries and scopes on both knees, I couldn't handle the weight of a Harley or similar. The Spyder is ideal for me and easier/cheaper to ride than a Harley Lehman Trike. Already 3 in my immediate area and, judging by the forums I belong to, they are selling like mad.

spyderlovers.com 2,332 members
spydertalk.com 4,431 members
canamspyderforums.com 716 members
canamspyders.com 316 members

The numbers are a bit misleading since people like me belong to several forums

SE5 Phantom with Cal-Sci 23.5” windshield, HID Fog lights, HID Headlights, Micron muffler, Triple Play II Taillight Kit, 5" Pullback bars, Footpeg kit, Center Console, Cup Holder, GPS Mount, Mirror Extensions, Phantom Black Kit, 6 Spoke Wheels, Side Panel Trim, Corbin Saddle Bags and Saddle Seat, MC Cruise Control

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

Very cool! I've ridden one but for the life of me couldn't keep it going in a straight line or get used to not having a brake lever on the handlebar... Interesting concept though!
Oh, a friend of mine swears he's seen a video of one doing a wheelie, I say it's physically impossible for them to do one without a MUCH stronger engine and possibly a crane. What's your opinion of this myth?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

irish2themax
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by irish2themax »

Though I have not tried it myself, I have read numerous posts on this issue and every single one says you CANNOT do a wheelie. It makes sense since the majority of the weight distribution is forward of the seat. If your friend says otherwise, make him prove it with the video. Could be that someone added a turbo mod but i still think it unlikely.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Well, what I can do is make an "Other manufacturer" forum and you could start threads in there about Can-Am if you like... eg:

Can-Am Spyer - What do you think about...

If you can get Spyer owners here to talk and share about their Spyer's then great, I'll start a forum for it, no problem.

It's really up to you if you can do it and promote it enough to be successful here. Total Motorcycle is an official accredited media outlet for Can-Am, I'm not sure if the other Spyer forums are, but it's something we offer.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

irish2themax
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by irish2themax »

Thanks Mike...I have no problem trying to recruit members for a Spyder forum.