1,000,000,000,000 bytes Bandwidth Upgrade for TMW!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

1,000,000,000,000 bytes Bandwidth Upgrade for TMW!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks to the increasing popularity of Total Motorcycle I just purchased a bandwidth upgrade to put us at 1 Terabyte (= 1,000,000,000,000 bytes) of bandwidth per month.

:bliss:

Now, it will be a little faster, a little better and we won't run out of bandwidth for the millions of visitors who visit us monthly. Last month we used 789 Gigabytes of bandwidth so putting us up to 1 Terabyte will help out nicely. Remember I paid for the bandwidth regardless if we use it or not, so in the words of Star Wars:

"This station is now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use it"

:starwars:

Enjoy and thanks for being a part of Total Motorcycle!!!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#2 Unread post by dr_bar »

Way cool...

Thanks for keeping this site the best on the web...

Image...Two thumbs up...Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

dr_bar wrote:Way cool...

Thanks for keeping this site the best on the web...

Image...Two thumbs up...Image
Your most welcome for my hand in things, but it's also the site supporters, T-shirt sales, visitors and community members that help fund projects like this and fuel the websites success in many many ways. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Update:

Thanks to your contributions and support (we sold 5 T-shirts) and had 2 site supporters too it really helped with the bandwidth upgrade. :D

MUCH APPRECIATED!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FYI, our bandwidth as of May 28th was 841,371.03 Megabytes, which thankfully to the 1 TB upgrade we still have lots of bandwidth left for the month. :D

Also it looks like we will pass ALL our highest stat records for traffic, visitors, hits, pages and... bandwidth. :moose:

Great job all supporting and visiting the site, many thanks from the whole community!!!

If anyone is interesting in seeing the unbaised visitor stats I post them every month here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/kudos.htm

Mike

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: VTX 1800c

#5 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

can we please get an update on this... if we need it i may be inclined to donate to get more bandwith. plus i just like numbers like that
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (sold) Have fun in Mexico Mr. Vulcan!

YES my spellin sucks, get over it, or you can be my personal spell check

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Tennif Shoe wrote:can we please get an update on this... if we need it i may be inclined to donate to get more bandwith. plus i just like numbers like that
Sure thing!

Let's see. I purchased the 1,000 GB bandwidth per month which started on June 2008. So since June 08, we have been enjoying that much extra bandwidth.

We hit a high last year of 933.17 GB in May and had a "about average" of 820 GB a month from June-December. Just having less than 70 out of 1000 GB left in May was quite worry-some, so that's the reason we really needed the upgrade.

Now, I just posted January 09 stats up ( http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/kudos.htm#WSC ) and you can see we used 863.52 GB out of 1000 GB. Which left just 137GB extra.

Every year we grow (knock on wood), more people visit/discover TMW, and more pages are viewed.

In January 2006 we used 350.7 GB;
January 2007 we used 576.56 GB;
January 2008 we used 653.38 GB and
last month (January 2009) we used 863.52 GB

The first months of the year are the "slower months" and bandwidth, visitors, pages viewed go up each month from winter/spring. If history repeats itself in 2009, we will use roughly 50% more bandwidth than we did in January in May-June. So, that would mean I would need to purchase more bandwidth by March to not exceed what we could use in the summer.

I think May-June willl hit around 1,300 GB, so I'll need to look at 1,300-1,500GB in bandwidth to make sure we have enough.

Also I'll need to look at upgrading HDD room as well.

Unfortunately due to the credit crisis, ad revenue is down 50%, and I haven't got a donation in several months. But this site isn't about making money, it's about supporting motorcyclists and motorcycling, and TMW is very successful at doing just that. :D

Mike