Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Popunders and popups reduction.

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hi everyone,

Again in an effort to strive towards eliminating popups and popunders I've reduced (yet again) a massive amount of popups and popunder advertisers. This means you'll still get them, but at a much lower amount now. Out of 1000 popups I could have running, there are only 96. Those 96 are spread out for different countries so if your in the USA, Canada, UK you won't get the same popups. Thus, USA might get 30 different ones only.

Because these are the top paying ones, they come up less often (obviously), so you might not even get one. :D

But if you do, please check them out by clicking on them.

I hope this large revenue hit (being honest with you as usual) makes visiting Total Motorcycle more pleasurable for you and that you find yourself visiting more often. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

zed
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by zed »

Thanks Mike!
I definitely notice the difference. I only get 1 pop-under about every other visit. At one time I was getting 3 per visit, however since they were pop-unders they really didn't bother me. I'll try to remember to click 'em when they show up!
:goodjob: :thankssign:
I always follow the rules.
The only exception to the rule occurs when I make an exception to the rule not to make an exception to the rule and that only occurs under exceptional circumstances.

2005 Vulcan 500 LTD

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

You (and all the visitors) are MOST welcome!! I'm glad to have been able to do it for you all. Unlike the vast majority of the sites out there, Total Motorcycle's purpose was to support motorcyclists and motorcycling FIRST, not money first. Thus, I kill ads to make everyone's visit here more enjoyable. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

Trouble is Mike, most of the Pop Up's I get are for weird arsed crap.....talking smilies, Votar the Mystic, and things like that. Be nice if there were some that were topic related to the forum, such as Bill's Visor Bug Be Gone. :laughing:

However, I can understand the need for revenue generation, if just to pay for the overhead cost of running this site, so IMHO pop-up, even that god awful one with a Smilies shouting "OH MY GOD, NO WAY!!!!" is a small price for us to pay.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:Trouble is Mike, most of the Pop Up's I get are for weird arsed "crumb".....talking smilies, Votar the Mystic, and things like that. Be nice if there were some that were topic related to the forum, such as Bill's Visor Bug Be Gone. :laughing:

However, I can understand the need for revenue generation, if just to pay for the overhead cost of running this site, so IMHO pop-up, even that god awful one with a Smilies shouting "OH MY GOD, NO WAY!!!!" is a small price for us to pay.
I know, I get those ones too. But at least I only get a popup not so often now. I'm quite limited on what pops I have for Canada. (USA, UK, etc has different ones). The Canadian ones are ... well... lacking quality. But there is only 3 of them left.

Thanks for understanding why I still need a few pops for revenue. I honestly killed 95%+ of them, guaranteed. But that 5% is the skin on the bone.

Mike