Popunders and popups reduced, so close to elimination.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Popunders and popups reduced, so close to elimination.

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I'm throwing a Site Supporter drive this month.

This is not to generate more money, but to just raise enough money replace the loss of revenue from popup ads that would be eliminated.

Thanks to a $50 donation from Doug (dr_bar), a $20 donation from John Mills (Zed) and $10 from Tristan (Thume) I was able to cut the popunders (yet again) to the bare bones I need to generate enough revenue from them.

Once a popunder/up is disabled by me I DO NOT turn it back on. And I keep reducing the amount of them as I get donations so the amount available is less and less, thus you will get less popups.

I'm REALLY close to eliminating one of the 3 popup codes. I've cut ALL 3 pop providers down as low as I can go right now. But this is the "last mile" and it's the hardest leap to do. I need to get enough new/renewing site supporters to eliminate that 1 of 3 pop code off the site. But I need to get about $200 more a month to do it to remove them off the forums.

So, here is your chance to stand up, and say "I'll be a new/renewing site supporter!" so TMW can generate enough money to eliminate that popup/under code for everyone's benefit.

Please do consider donating this month. I'll keep disabling the pops as they come, but to eliminate the code I need your support and help. $250 is a lot of cash a month to generate from site supporters, but I'm sure we can do it. Of course if I can get $500 a month I can kill 2 of the 3 codes.

walloffame.htm

Thanks so much!

JUNE'S GOAL: $250
Raised: $180
Remaining: $70

Note: This will be for July popup/popunder code elimination as we are into June it wouldn't be fair to not get a full 30/31 day month out of it right? :D

Mike
Last edited by totalmotorcycle on Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New Site Support Rank created (thanks to the $100 2007 donation from dr_bar) Diamond Site Supporter

Anyone who donates $100 or more in a year (at one time or over multiple donations) will receive the new exclusive Diamond Site Support Rank!

All Gold, Platinum and Diamond Site Supports will receive a free TMW DVD in the mail (plus $2.50US shipping/handling, Diamond is free). Fundraiser TMW red decal also available for $4 (Diamond is free) if shipped with DVD or +$1 for shipping in North America if mailed alone.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

A big thank you to KarateChick (Betty) for the $25 donation towards this month's goal of $250. :D That brings us 10% closer. :woohoo:

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Yet another big thank you to Wally (Justice75) for the $25 donation towards this month's goal of $250. :D That brings us yet another 10% closer. :kicking:

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, members are stepping up to the challenge!

Thanks to Richard for the membership renew. Sv-wolf was a Gold Supporter at the $25 level and he stepped it up to the $50 Platinum level!

Way to go!

Richard Field (sv-wolf)
$50 - Platinum Supporter

20% closer!

Mike