totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

REPORT an AD to be removed.

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Want an ad removed? Just reply to this thread and here is what I need to find and remove it:

1. The Ad URL: Either where it takes you or by right clicking on the ad and choosing PROPERTIES
eg. http://media.liquidmedianetworks.com/if ... 0&aid=1055

2. A screen shot. I need to see what the ad looks like as there are thousands of ads I have to look through to locate it and I don't always get the same ads you do (Geo targeted). So a screen shot like so helps a lot: http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/971/ipodnanotf6.jpg

3. Any additional info, like... It's an audio ad.

As I've done many times in the past for a lot of our members if you find I'm very open to removing ads you don't like. Total Motorcycle needs to make some revenue to pay to keep the site up, but YOU ARE NUMBER ONE, not revenue. :D

Thanks and have a great day!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#2 Unread post by Loonette »

Here's one that I get a lot for X-box...
http://media.liquidmedianetworks.com/xb ... &address=1

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Loonette wrote:Here's one that I get a lot for X-box...
http://media.liquidmedianetworks.com/xb ... &address=1

Cheers,
Loonette
I've removed that popup and I found another 8 popups that were audio as well. I just took a big revenue hit as those ones were some of the highest paying ones (go figure), but I think many people will be glad they are gone and visit more often. :D

Glad to remove ANY ads you want. Of course, I do need SOME ads left...haha

This will reduce the amount of popup ads this month to over 60 removed now...whew!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by jonnythan »

I found one, but it's a flash ad so I couldn't get the URL.

It yells "HELLO" and here is what it looks like:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#5 Unread post by jonnythan »

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jonnythan wrote:I found one, but it's a flash ad so I couldn't get the URL.

It yells "HELLO" and here is what it looks like:
I can remove it if you like, but it only "talks" hello when you move your mouse on top of it. I don't mind removing audio type ads that "talk" when they come up, but this one is a popular one that I have a lot of and even I don't mind it... Do you think it's really that bad to get rid of?

I've been stripping down the popunders daily so I'm only asking as I'm on the skin and bones of revenue right now.

Mike

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#7 Unread post by jonnythan »

Oh OK. It's not *that* bad but it has scared me a couple of times late at night :laughing:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jonnythan wrote:Oh OK. It's not *that* bad but it has scared me a couple of times late at night :laughing:
LOL!! I do know what you mean, sometimes I'm on the phone and accidentally scroll over that and you get HELLO! then I'm all embarassed! :laughing:

Mike

Big B

#9 Unread post by Big B »

totalmotorcycle wrote: I've been stripping down the popunders daily so I'm only asking as I'm on the skin and bones of revenue right now.

Mike
skin and bones? dammit mike, add more ads! that, and it looks like i'll have to upgrade to platinum next month (after i get married, this wedding is costing me a fortune)
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Big B wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote: I've been stripping down the popunders daily so I'm only asking as I'm on the skin and bones of revenue right now.

Mike
skin and bones? dammit mike, add more ads! that, and it looks like i'll have to upgrade to platinum next month (after i get married, this wedding is costing me a fortune)
When is the BIG day? Getting nervous yet? ;)

:drinks:

Mike