REPORT an AD to be removed.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#41 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brackstone wrote:Is anyone elses browswer freezing up with the latest two ads?

The screen saver ad comes in fine but then there is this other ad, some kind of streaming TV? I can't get the whole site but it locks up my firefox every time.

Am I the only one?
I've been watching for that ad you mentioned, but haven't seen anything like it... Do you have a screen shot or what the ad is for??

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#42 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Nemo has got to go! There is an ad for 3D screensavers that has Nemo flopping around and crying out "Help Me".

It's a sick ad.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#43 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:Nemo has got to go! There is an ad for 3D screensavers that has Nemo flopping around and crying out "Help Me".

It's a sick ad.
Ah no, not that one again! I removed that one months ago, I guess they figured out a way to get it back again. :(

Do you remember what size(s) it is??

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#44 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

While I haven't been able to find the "nemo" help me ad in the past hour looking, I did find a lot of other (a couple dozen) that "talked" once viewed and killed those off. In fact, I've banned the advertisers who offer those automatic "talking" ads.

Once I know more about the new Nemo ad, then I'll be able to find it.

Mike

blues2cruise

#45 Unread post by blues2cruise »

totalmotorcycle wrote:While I haven't been able to find the "nemo" help me ad in the past hour looking, I did find a lot of other (a couple dozen) that "talked" once viewed and killed those off. In fact, I've banned the advertisers who offer those automatic "talking" ads.

Mike
The last couple of times I have been on the Nemo ad did not come up. Funny how that happens.
The ad was about almost 2 inches high and about 8 inches across.

Maybe when you killed the others this just went with it.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#46 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I haven't see it since, so I'm going to call it that the ad is "killed". :D

Glad to remove it.

Mike
blues2cruise wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:While I haven't been able to find the "nemo" help me ad in the past hour looking, I did find a lot of other (a couple dozen) that "talked" once viewed and killed those off. In fact, I've banned the advertisers who offer those automatic "talking" ads.

Mike
The last couple of times I have been on the Nemo ad did not come up. Funny how that happens.
The ad was about almost 2 inches high and about 8 inches across.

Maybe when you killed the others this just went with it.

blues2cruise

#47 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I don't know if it needs to be removed or not.....but....it does not seem to be what it is purported to be.....

I clicked on an ad for adopting teens.....however, there were 2 ads that popped up for other stuff like gambling and winning stuff.....

The ad for the teen adoption agency appears legit....so what's with the other ads popping up after you click the adoptions agency link?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#48 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:I don't know if it needs to be removed or not.....but....it does not seem to be what it is purported to be.....

I clicked on an ad for adopting teens.....however, there were 2 ads that popped up for other stuff like gambling and winning stuff.....

The ad for the teen adoption agency appears legit....so what's with the other ads popping up after you click the adoptions agency link?
My guess would be the teen adoption site has popups to help fund their oganisation. ?

I can removed the teen adoption agency as if you like me to. Just let me know.

Always happy to get rid of ads that are a problem.

Mike

blues2cruise

#49 Unread post by blues2cruise »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:I don't know if it needs to be removed or not.....but....it does not seem to be what it is purported to be.....

My guess would be the teen adoption site has popups to help fund their oganisation. ?

Mike
iT'S NOT THE TEEN ADOPTION THING IN ITSELF....whoops..capslock.....it's the fact that after you click on it and get the popups, there is no information about what appeared to be a legitimate thing.

I'd hate for a legitimate organization that fills a genuine need in society to get the boot.....is it possible that the popup people are using a different kind of vehicle to lure people to seeing their ads?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#50 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:

Mike
iT'S NOT THE TEEN ADOPTION THING IN ITSELF....whoops..capslock.....it's the fact that after you click on it and get the popups, there is no information about what appeared to be a legitimate thing.

I'd hate for a legitimate organization that fills a genuine need in society to get the boot.....is it possible that the popup people are using a different kind of vehicle to lure people to seeing their ads?
It's possible that popup people are using a different kind of vehicle to lure people to seeing their ads, but the code would have to appear either:

A. In transit to their site (ie. hard-coded in the ad they are showing)
B. The code is on their site (not put there by them) and thus they have a hacked site
C. They put the popup code there themselves.

I can't do anything about A-C, but I can do the D optino (D)elete.

I agree, it's a hard decision to make as it's a legitimate organization that fills a genuine need in society. :D

Mike