REPORT an AD to be removed.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#21 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Dichotomous wrote:please dont have ads that try to install stuff for MS office on my computer. very often when I come here your website or one of your advertisers will have a popunder ad or something, and a window will come up asking me to insert a disk to install something for MSoffice. I dont mind ads or clicking them off, but when they try to install stuff I dont like that, I dont know what ad is doing it cause I am not going to install anything for an ad and since I cancel it my entire internet explorer goes down with all the tabs that I might have open.
I hate those ads myself too. When I find them, I kill them immediately and ban the advertiser. :twisted:

You must be getting one I don't see/get in Canada. Can you take a screen shot of the ad (not the install box) when you see it again and I'll GLADLY kill it. If you can give me the URL when you click on the ad (not the install box) or even what the ad says that would help me as right now I'm blind to find it as I have no idea what it looks like.

Thanks!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Dichotomous
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#22 Unread post by Dichotomous »

I cant, I think this computer blocks them, its my work computer so I dont bother changing the settings, the one at home gets the popunders but has never tried to install anything
[img]http://forum.svrider.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/19909/bike%20girl%20bannar.JPG[/img]
Theres just something about a blue bike....
Throttle on man, Throttle on....

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Dichotomous wrote:I cant, I think this computer blocks them, its my work computer so I dont bother changing the settings, the one at home gets the popunders but has never tried to install anything
I'll see if I can find it, but it's a needle in a haystack as I have 1000 ads running...

Ok, your in the USA right? What part? Some ads are geo-targeted. Do you remember anything at all about the ad? What it for antivirus software? MSN or...?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#24 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I hate the Shaw Cable ad. :shooting2:

It pops up over top of what I am reading and it prevents me posting. It's not a popup like when I first log on....this one has come up twice in a half hour. It's like a big post it note with Shaw advertising on it.

I have no problem with the advertising at the top and bottom of the pages, but when this one comes up and blocks what you're reading...I have a problem with that.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:I hate the Shaw Cable ad. :shooting2:

It pops up over top of what I am reading and it prevents me posting. It's not a popup like when I first log on....this one has come up twice in a half hour. It's like a big post it note with Shaw advertising on it.

I have no problem with the advertising at the top and bottom of the pages, but when this one comes up and blocks what you're reading...I have a problem with that.
I believe today is the last day for it, it's a very special ad being run on select sites and TMW was lucky enough to get it. :D And it's very Geo-targeted, only us that can have SHAW see it. It's also a very very slow month for ads, and I've lost about 50% of my ads (because it's July/August) so I really could use the ad... please. :mrgreen:

Mike

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#26 Unread post by blues2cruise »

you should be about 2 dollars richer tonight. :wink:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#27 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:you should be about 2 dollars richer tonight. :wink:
Thanks so much! :D

Hey, I haven't seen the SHAW ad. Looks like my August guess was right (that yesterday was the last day for it).

Mike

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#28 Unread post by Brackstone »

Hi Mike,

Can you please remove the ads that are in the form of *.ringtonemecca.com

They do not allow you to close the popup window.

Thanks!
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

bluecamel
Veteran
Veteran

#29 Unread post by bluecamel »

Mike,

Do you get more revenue when we click on the ads? I always close them, but I can click if it helps...at least until I can afford to support the site in an actual way :)

Speaking of, I've seen the site support on people's avatars, but I've never seen where you actually sign up. Not that I can right now, but maybe with the new job...

Edit: Slightly annoying question. I'm a landscape and architectural (fine art) photographer and web developer on the side. I'm sort of downplaying the web development at the moment, because I'm looking to start selling prints of my work online. Anyway, the point is the same. I would consider at some point paying for clean, non-obtrusive banner ads to my gallery if you'd be up for that. Thanks!

Branton
1982 Honda CB900 Custom
2007 Roketa Fiji 150 - hells yeah :)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#30 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brackstone wrote:Hi Mike,

Can you please remove the ads that are in the form of *.ringtonemecca.com

They do not allow you to close the popup window.

Thanks!
Do you know the full URL of them (right click, Properties) and I'll gladly remove them. :D

Mike