REPORT an AD to be removed.

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: VTX 1800c

#51 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

I hope that the contentlink is making a lot of money otherwise it is just a lot annoying. the one that underlines different words and is you hover over that word it gives you an advertisement
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (sold) Have fun in Mexico Mr. Vulcan!

YES my spellin sucks, get over it, or you can be my personal spell check

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#52 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Tennif Shoe wrote:I hope that the contentlink is making a lot of money otherwise it is just a lot annoying. the one that underlines different words and is you hover over that word it gives you an advertisement
The contentlink is actually just subsidising the loss from removing other 2 other ads and 2 popup codes. Thanks to the contentlink I could remove:

2 popup codes. You loss 67% of popups.
2 ad banners on bottom of each page. (1 a Leaderboard and 1 a Banner.) That's 50% less ads per page now.

You can read more about it here: http://totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=32178

I took the effort to make the contextlink code as "background" as possible, you'll notice I blended the color as best I could into the background (it's not bright orange/green/blue) as I don't link ads in my face either.

Total Motorcycle isn't (and has never been) about making money 1st, it has always been about supporting motorcyclists and motorcycing 1st. That's why the ads are as minimal as possible, I even show blank ads (no other site does that) after a bit so you don't get ads in your face constantly.

I know you (and many others) do not like ads, but I don't change anything for my time (M-F, 7am-5pm), my work or the 600,000 pages of guides, handbooks and unqiue content on the site. Not to mention the 1,000GB of bandwidth a month the site uses.

Clicking on the contextlink ads will help me remove even more ads in the future.

I appreciate your comment by the way and thanks for asking and letting me explain the "why" to you. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: VTX 1800c

#53 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

by alllllllll means keep it, apsoultly, i am glad it killed more popups, i will do a (small) part and click on 1 or 3 a day. Glad to be a service. I know tmw needs income and i am gald that content link helped you with that :exactly: :tmwsign: :goodjob:
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (sold) Have fun in Mexico Mr. Vulcan!

YES my spellin sucks, get over it, or you can be my personal spell check

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#54 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Tennif Shoe wrote:by alllllllll means keep it, apsoultly, i am glad it killed more popups, i will do a (small) part and click on 1 or 3 a day. Glad to be a service. I know tmw needs income and i am gald that content link helped you with that :exactly: :tmwsign: :goodjob:
Your help and understanding is so appreciated! I honestly do try my best to keep ads down and the site as enjoyable as possible. In fact, every morning I'm logging onto my ad servers and killing dozens of ads which I go through and find they are audio, or extreme animation or there are too many for X country or would basicly annoy the heck out of you.

I can't think of any other site that would do it so much for their visitors. But I'm happy to do it for all you. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: REPORT an AD to be removed.

#55 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sorry to anyone getting a "Full Screen Ad" right now for Lexus, I'm trying to find and remove it; I don't allow that type of advertising on the site (it's too annoying even if it does pay really well).

If you do happen to come across a full screen ad (that's when you click on a link and before you go from A -> B, you get A -> AD -> B; please let me know here. :D

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#56 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Update #2: Ad found and removed!! woohoo.. no more full screen annoying ad (even if it paid pretty big).

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#57 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just wanted you all to know that I banned serveral (very annoying) advertisers who were dumping "That one weird trick" and "lose 30lbs in 30 mins" type of ads on us. Quite a big revenue hit doing that but I felt it was worth it as I reached my limit on those ads and I'm sure you did as well.

:D

Mike

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#58 Unread post by pchast »

Thank You
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#59 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

pchast wrote:Thank You
Glad to get rid of those ads. No problems! I don't know many other sites* that would think of the user this much but I care deeply about the whole visitor experience and plus I'm not in it for making a boat load of money either.

*I know Facebook is always looking at ways to add ads and yesterday they announced they will be selling access to your account to advertisers/businesses. (amazing).

Mike