totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Total Motorcycle Bikers Cookbook

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

What goes great with a great motorcycle, a great road and great friends? Great food!

I would like to thank Anant Deboor for the inspirational line in his email: "...methinks people who love motorcycles love (cooking) good food"

I believe he is right and what a great way to showing motorcyclists love good food than to have a Total Motorcycle Bikers Cookbook!

Ok, now I need your help, I want you to submit your recipes for as many favorite dishes you love to cook, be it on a stove, in an oven, on the BBQ or even in the microwave. Once I get enough submissions I will put it on the main site for everyone to read, try and enjoy!

Now before you get all gung-ho on me there needs to be a standard so people can read, understand and hopefully remake your dish. Thank you so much for all your help and support on this one guys and girls!

Here is how is should be written:

TITLE:

Chestnut Stuffing
A traditional New England Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
1 kilo chestnuts
1/4 cup corn oil
3 cups beef stock
1/4 cup butter
1 large onion, chopped
2 1/4 cups farina
225 gr. seedless raisins
1/2 tsp. each dried thyme and dried marjoram
salt and pepper to taste

PREPARATION:
With a sharply pointed knife carefully cut slits in the flat side of the chestnuts. In a heavy skillet heat the oil and, over a high flame, cook the chestnuts for 5 - 6 minutes, shaking the skillet constantly. Cool and peel the chestnuts, removing and discarding the shells and inner skins.

Transfer the chestnuts into a saucepan with the beef stock and simmer for 20 minutes.

In a skillet heat the butter and in this sauté the onion until translucent. Add the farina and brown lightly. Add the raisins and prunes, season with the thyme, marjoram and salt and pepper to taste. Crumble the chestnuts and mix into the flour mixture. Use the mixture as directed in other recipes. (Yields stuffing for one 4 - 5 kilo turkey or 3 large chickens).

Instructions:
1. Always list ingredients in the order they are to be used.
2. Keep the same measurement system for all ingredients (metric or imperial)
3. List how many it serves or portions
4. Re-read your recipe to make sure it makes common sense to someone who has never prepared it before.
5. Warning: Whenever you write a recipe that calls for the flaming of brandy or any other liqueur, be absolutely certain to include a warning that this should be done carefully.

Thanks to Rogov's Ramblings - The Art of Writing Workable Recipes for the above tips and information.
Last edited by totalmotorcycle on Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Total Motorcycle Charcoal BBQ Burgers and Hot dogs
A simple basic fool-proof recipe

INGREDIENTS:
4 Hamburgers (I'll use 1/4lb frozen ones for ease)
4 Hot dogs (the thicker the better)
1 cup Good quality BBQ sauce
4 American Process Cheese slices
Salt and pepper to taste

SERVES: 4

You will also need:
Bucket of water and water sprayer near BBQ
BBQ brush

PREPARATION:
Prepare charcoal BBQ to light. Pile charcoal into a pyramid in the middle of the BBQ. Carefully using BBQ lighting fluid wet charcoal and allow the fluid to soak in for 1 minute before lighting. Once lit allow coals to slowly burn until they are 1/2 white, 1/2 black (about 15-20 minutes depending on size of coal pile). Spread and distribute charcoal out around BBQ bottom to allow for even heat. One of the secrets of charcoal BBQing is slow, even heat to capture the essence of the smell and taste only charcoal BBQing has.

Unthaw hot dogs in fridge. Separate frozen hamburgers and keep frozen till on the BBQ. Place hamburgers in middle (higher heat) and hot dogs around outside of grill (low heat). Keep the lid OPEN during cooking for milder charcoal flavor or 1/4 OPEN for strong charcoal flavor.

Keep attentive at the BBQ to reduce flareups and burning. Rotate/Turn the hot dogs every few minutes to evenly cook on all sides. Flip hamburgers over once underside is almost fully cooked. Once the hamburgers are flipped brush on BBQ sauce on cooked side of hamburgers and hot dogs. Keep turning hot dogs and hamburgers adding BBQ sauce every time they are turned/flipped. Keep the water sprayer handy to extinguish any flareups.

One the hot dogs are puffy, fully cooked and achieve a nice dark brown sauce coating move to the side until hamburgers are done.

Once the hamburgers are fully cooked add an American process cheese slice to each one (that you want to have cheese). CLOSE the lid till cheese is melted. Remove the food and extinguish the BBQ.

Serve food while piping hot. No not allow to cool down.

I hope you enjoy your summer charcoal BBQing with the Total Motorcycle Charcoal BBQ Burgers and Hot dogs recipe!

Mike.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

earwig
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by earwig »

Ok... so this isn't "my" recipe but it's yummy:

TITLE:
Beer Can Chicken

SERVINGS:

INGREDIENTS:
1 (4-pound) whole chicken
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons of your favorite dry spice rub
1 can beer

PREPARATION:
Remove neck and giblets from chicken and discard. Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels. Rub chicken lightly with oil then rub inside and out with salt, pepper and dry rub. Set aside.
Open beer can and take several gulps (make them big gulps so that the can is half full). Place beer can on a solid surface. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, plunk the bird cavity over the beer can. Transfer the bird-on-a-can to your grill and place in the center of the grate, balancing the bird on its 2 legs and the can like a tripod.
Cook the chicken over medium-high, indirect heat (i.e. no coals or burners on directly under the bird), with the grill cover on, for approximately 1 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F in the breast area and 180 degrees F in the thigh, or until the thigh juice runs clear when stabbed with a sharp knife. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.

younggun
Legendary
Legendary

#4 Unread post by younggun »

Hey thats a good one the beer can chicken, i make that once and awhile, keeps the chicken nice and moist.
Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have any film

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/younggun75/th_mybike.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/younggun75/th_001.jpg[/img]

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

ahhhh right down my alley... 2 questions.

1) Do you want dessert recipies also? I used to be a pastry chef in a past life (hence the name "Sweet Tooth"

2) Do you want them posted here or emailed to you?
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sweet Tooth wrote:ahhhh right down my alley... 2 questions.

1) Do you want dessert recipies also? I used to be a pastry chef in a past life (hence the name "Sweet Tooth")

2) Do you want them posted here or emailed to you?
Yes, dessert recipes are fine and yummy! Also if everyone could post all recipes in this thread so I can collect them later on easily it would be greatly appreciated. :D

Mike.

earwig
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#7 Unread post by earwig »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Serve food while piping hot. No not allow to cool down.
I think you meant "do not" not "No not"

Just pointing it out so it doesn't make the cookbook with the typo :) If that is how you meant to word it, just ignore me.

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by KarateChick »

Ask Bok about his most excellent BBQ fare and Mrs Bok for the awesome potatoes recipes from July 15 please.

Are you throwing in pictures too?
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#9 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Grilled Pizza
Gourmet looking and easy as sin

Ingredients:
Pizza dough – Visit your local pizza joint and buy some dough. They might look at you a little funny but they’ll get the picture. Make sure you keep the dough moist until ready to use. Keeping it in an oiled zip lock bag will do the trick. As an alternative you can use the Pillsbury biscuit dough from the pop cans, or make the dough from scratch which can be cumbersome to the non baker.

Toppings of your choice
Assorted grilled veggies such as
Peppers (green, yellow, red)
Onions
Mushrooms
Pesto Sauce (the jarred “Classico” brand or similar is fine)
Grilled chicken
Feta cheese

Preparation:
Heat up your grill as usual.

Cut the dough into portions and stretch it out on a lightly floured surface. If you are using the Pillsbury biscuits just roll out each individual one. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it doesn’t even have to be round. I do this on a large cutting board so that it’s easy to transfer to the grill.

Spray your grill, a quick spray of Pam or similar spray oil product will be fine.

Place the dough on to the grill (no it wont fall thought the cracks :wink: )
Crisp the bottom of the dough and flip.

Assemble your ingredients on the cooked side, sauce first, veggies/chicken and cheese. Close the grill to melt the cheese.

Remove from the grill, slice and enjoy!

You can get real creative and change the toppings to suite your taste.
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#10 Unread post by t_bonee »

This is kinda generic and can use a variety of ingredients but it is awesome when camping. Hell, everyone prolly knows it already but I'll post anyway. I have more recipes I'll post but camping is on my mind so I'll do this first.

TITLE:

Campfire goodness

SERVES:

1 to 2, but you can make many.

INGREDIENTS:

1 Filet Mignon- any meat can be used though, chicken, pork chops, hamburger patties, etc. I like filet.
Sliced potatos
Onion julienned or sliced
Red or yellow bell pepper sliced
Carrots sliced (if you so desire)
Any veg you really wanna through in
Season salt
Black pepper
Garlic powder

PREPARATION:

Make sure you camp fire has been burning for awhile so you have a nice big bed of coals underneath. Take a large piece of aluminum foil. Season your meat up on it. Put all the veggies in and around the meat. Season them too if you want. Wrap it up tight in the aluminum foil. Then dig a hole in the coals with something (not your hand) and put the foil package down in it and cover it up with coals. Leave it set in there about 20 minutes. That should cook any meat you have in there thoroughly. Check though if using chicken or pork. You can always re-wrap and toss it back in. Take it out and unwrap it and put it on a plate. Mmm-mmm good.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?