Only Experienced bikers need reply.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Only Experienced bikers need reply.

#31 Unread post by blues2cruise »

JackoftheGreen wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:57 pm

I could run down a list of all the reasons we don't ride with large groups, starting with trust in their skills and ending with trust in their sobriety.
I can add another reason.....disregard for traffic laws. Holey moley...some of the crap that was pulled. Didn't want to be any part of it.

As for the skills...the groups I tried had terrific skills, but they flaunted them and had no respect for riders who were new.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#32 Unread post by jstark47 »

Gummiente wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:04 amThere are very few people I trust enough to ride with and I find the journeys are more enjoyable without the stress of keeping up or slowing down while wondering what the rider in front and/or behind is going to do next.
What Gummi said. Aside from Mrs. Stark, the list of people I'll ride with doesn't use up the fingers on one hand. The rest of them ride too fast, or take stupid chances, or have no regard for the riders behind them. I'm starting to deal with the realities of an aging body... reactions slower than they used to be, eyesight not as good, etc, etc. I don't need to please anybody else when I'm riding (Mrs. Stark excepted!) I'll take it slower and easier, stop when I want to, and enjoy my ride. If that doesn't fit in with other riders (i.e. most of them), I'm just as happy without their "company".
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#33 Unread post by ZooTech »

Well, in my case, I'm the one riding fast and taking chances and, as the group ride leader, waiting periodically for everyone to catch up. I'm not talking about a group of drunk Harley riders or a gang of stunting sportbike squids, these are lifelong friends on japanese cruisers and UJM's.

YRMV...