how often do you guys do biker waves?

Biker Wave?

only when going straight, light traffic.
57%
all the time even on the twisties.
40%
never, it's not safe.
3%

Total votes: 166

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by shalihe74 »

I wave to all sportbikes. I would wave to cruisers, but they rarely wave back. :crybaby: I see how it is... Of course, if they initiate the wave, I certainly reciprocate.

Glancing down at my bitchin' tank-top-shaped, farmer-sunburn (a 2 mile milk run turned into a 3 hour joy ride yesterday. Aaaaaahhh, bliss), reminds me that there seems to be an inverse relationship between the amount of clothes I wear and the number of cruiser-waves I get. :angel2:
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#32 Unread post by Johnj »

I try to wave at all bikes and scooters. Even mopeds and mini bikes. There is a motor cop in Lenexa that doesn't like to be waved at. :laughing:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

zed
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#33 Unread post by zed »

Gadjet wrote:My option is not listed in the poll.

I wave to all other fellow riders, unless the situation requires my left hand to remain on the bars (pulling clutch in) in which case I will nod to the other rider

+ 1
I always follow the rules.
The only exception to the rule occurs when I make an exception to the rule not to make an exception to the rule and that only occurs under exceptional circumstances.

2005 Vulcan 500 LTD

zoosia
Rookie
Rookie

waving

#34 Unread post by zoosia »

I try to wave to everyone I'm still noob so wave may only be 4 fingers or nod if in turn or using clutch.
: ) H

Sicko
Elite
Elite

#35 Unread post by Sicko »

Hell, I always wave at anything on 2 wheels, even bicycles. :mrgreen:

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#36 Unread post by Scott58 »

I stopped waving. 35 years ago it was different. We were a much rarer breed. You might see another biker once or twice ain a day and you'd acknowledge each other. Today you can see another bike every few miles. last week this guy almost wipedout waving at me coming out of a turn. Really people it's not that important.
05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

wave

#37 Unread post by slimcolo »

I don't wave I just hold up my right fist. This is an old school sign from the 60's We sorta borrowed this from the Black Panthers

mtn_horn
Rookie
Rookie

#38 Unread post by mtn_horn »

I wave when it's safe to do so especially when I'm on my scooter. It will be interesting to see how many more waves I get back now that I'm also going to be riding a cruiser. Not at the same time of course. 8)

The most fun was when our scooter club would be on a ride and we would all wave to a rider - sometimes, they'd break their neck trying to look in another direction - any other direction :roll:

I don't get that type of snobbery, but whatever.
I know you said, "can't you just get over it?" It turned my whole life around and I kinda like it...

Our rides:
02 Vespa ET4
05 Vespa PX150
06 Honda 750 Aero
07 Honda 750 Aero

Super Dave
Veteran
Veteran

#39 Unread post by Super Dave »

i ride a scooter and got waves from 2 cruisers today. I gave one a nod since i didn't know the greeting but i saw another and we did it at the same time. Nice riders her in Lexington :D

Skel3tor1
Elite
Elite

#40 Unread post by Skel3tor1 »

Scott58 wrote:I stopped waving. 35 years ago it was different. We were a much rarer breed. You might see another biker once or twice ain a day and you'd acknowledge each other. Today you can see another bike every few miles. last week this guy almost wipedout waving at me coming out of a turn. Really people it's not that important.
Boy Scott, you sound cranky :D

Riding during winter makes me all giddy IF I see another biker. Now that summer has come, there's bikers EVERYWHERE. If I was riding right now and not battling mechanical issues that kept me off my bike for the last month, I'd be waving like a madman too! mauahaha :twisted:
[img]http://www.skel3tor1.com/images/bikesigtm.jpg[/img]
Michael
Honda Rebel 250
[url=http://www.skel3tor1.com/main/blogs/index.php?blog=9]View[/url] my motorcycle blog or [url=http://www.youtube.com/skel3tor1]Watch[/url] my videos.