MarkOlsen
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 2016 Suzuki SV 650

New Seat or Seat Pad

#1 Unread post by MarkOlsen »

The stock seat on my VStar 950 Tourer isn't what I want to sit on for more than an hour. I've seen the reviews and posts for the Mustang seat [very favorable reviews], but I also want to know if anyone has done the seat cushions/pads? I've seen a few that are rated good on their reviews and cost less than a new seat.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: New Seat or Seat Pad

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I would go with a new seat. Yamaha offers some great OEM seats as well so I would check those out too. I bought a OEM gel set for my Guzzi and it was night and day better than the OEM stock and was just $200. :)

The other option and I have done this a couple of times, is take your seat to a custom upholsterer in your city, they can refoam and reshape the seat with a new cover and everything cheaply. :)

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Stroman
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: yr

#3 Unread post by Stroman »

A Double Seat Cushion propped us up with a cushy springiness offering firm support without being stiff.

EvaGerth
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: 1999/hero/spelnder

#4 Unread post by EvaGerth »

Memory foam seat cushions and pillows are beneficial to providing health benefits for all of their users. Not only do orthopedic cushions and pillows that have memory foam help relieve pain, but they also reduce muscle fatigue and help your body recover faster from injuries.

ZelmaConlan
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 1999/honda/cbz

#5 Unread post by ZelmaConlan »

EvaGerth wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:28 pm Memory foam seat cushions and pillows are beneficial to providing health benefits for all of their users. Not only do orthopedic cushions and pillows that have memory foam help relieve pain, but they also reduce muscle fatigue and help your body recover faster from injuries.
iMessage For PC
Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

KayBur
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: JAWA 350 OHC Prima

#6 Unread post by KayBur »

EvaGerth wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:28 pm Memory foam seat cushions and pillows are beneficial to providing health benefits for all of their users. Not only do orthopedic cushions and pillows that have memory foam help relieve pain, but they also reduce muscle fatigue and help your body recover faster from injuries.
All orthopedic items are useful and comfortable. Many of them, of course, do not look very beautiful, but their task is not aesthetics, but disease prevention. So, everyone decides for himself - aesthetics or comfort and disease prevention.

CorwinRT
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2008 CBR650

#7 Unread post by CorwinRT »

This is what my uncle is looking to seat upgrade when we start working his bike. Got to finish installing the bumper on the truck this weekend before we can clear the garage and take her in.