totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: I miss you guys

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hey Kal! Great to see you my friend, welcome back and we miss you too! As you on one of the very original members it is great to see you back and are you still riding?

Welcome back, no matter how long you have been gone, you are always warmly welcomed into the TMW family. :)

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#4 Unread post by BuzZz »

Can anyone play this game? Then I'll get in on it too.
How's it going everyone! I came home for a visit. You have done some work to the place, Mike. Lookin' good Dude.
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#5 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Holy crap. Buzzz! Lol.

Did you end up working in Thompson?
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

BuzZz

#6 Unread post by BuzZz »

Hey Pete and all

I did end up moving to Thompson. Worked in the Nickle smelter at the mine. Good job (minus the dust, noxious gases, cyanide, arsenic, etc.) really nice money. But I hated that town. I hung in for 2 years, couldn't take living in that particular ana-orifice-of-the-world any more. So I took a job back in Alberta in a different planetary orifice, small town rural Ab, as a mobile mechanic in the oilfield. Mostly smaller engines and large injection pumps. I liked that well enough.
The riding sucked (like anywhere on the prairies), I stripped my GSXR into a street fighter, and hooned around with it. Took it to the drag strip a few times for the giggles. That was more fun than I expected it to be. I got fast enough that I needed to either invest in a full leather track suit, open the dark abyss of that money hole and build the bike into a strip machine, or stop going to the track. Bye bye track. Hello midnight bombing runs and clandestine wheelies. Finally sold that bike to my apprentice at work a couple of years ago after having rode the wheels off that poor thing.

But last Jan. I got layed off and so I found a job.... back in Manitoba, lol. I hate this province... :frusty:
I was lucky enough to have found this job just before the world "poo poo" it's collective pants and went home to cry.
Now I'm an essential worker, lol. I am working at a meat processing plant. Just call me Pig Killer, lol. Working maintenance keeping all those conveyors and saws and various everything else problems running. I'm liking it so far. It's a lot easier on my body than the patch ever was. Still settling in here, but I'm getting a bit more comfortable. Secure employment right now has a large bearing on my comfort.

I'm bikeless presently. I've been kicking the idea of a street tracker around in my head, but I'm not really setup for that right now. I don't have a place to park a bike, nevermind build one. I'll wait for the world to turn, and muddle on from there.

How have you guys been?

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#7 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I’ve been not too bad. I actually was fairly regularly flying into Thompson the last couple years. I was working in snow lake (Another northern Manitoba crap hole, I hate that province. Worked in bisset as well for a bit). Didn’t much care for the area either. Glad I was passing through, I hear it’s a little stabby. I’m currently laid off but just got a call today to go work in Hemlo for a mining contractor. I’m waiting patiently for the covid restrictions you ease so I can go to the states a bit easier cause that’s where my wife and daughter live.

Got a 2009 gs500 I’ve been Bombing around on up in Timmins where I’m at for now. And a 1988 Vulcan 1500 stuck down in the USA.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

BuzZz

#8 Unread post by BuzZz »

LMAO. A little 'stabby' alright.
Those 2 years I spent in Thompson, there were 3 millwrights stabbed in that time. One died, the other 2 left after getting out of the hospital. All 3 got jabbed in the neck. Certain people would stand in the space between 2 buildings and wait for a target to walk by (don't carry a case of beer anyplace except to your car), then step out, stick a shank into their neck and catch that beer before it hit the ground. Rather intense place to be... they are kinda 'shooty' too.

In 2 years, there were 4 murders on my street alone. I lived in a normal looking residential neighborhood. Families, kids running around, normal stuff... but at night the locals would conduct their business. That included walking into each other's houses and opening fire over drug debt, perceived insults, cheating spouses, time of day, whatever they could come up with. I had to get outta that place. I parked my bike in the kitchen. Or it would have gone missing overnight.

Good luck with the job hunting. Our fearless leader is doing his best to eliminate any economic growth in this country. I can see why the States is looking better, especially with the family there. I can relate to that. My wife and son are in China and I'm trying to get them over here. If they were terrorists, Trudeau would have let them in and given them a nice income already. But being law abiding and decent people, they have to go through the 'process' of immigration. This country is going to hell, and we are getting our butts fried on the way... :roll:

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#9 Unread post by High_Side »

I just followed a thread reply notification and found myself back on the boards. I'd ask how you all are doing, but I think I'm caught up on all the stabby and shooty. There are only two provinces that I have not been to in this country and Manitoba is one of them. It sounds like I've played that well.
I sure miss the forums and the discussions we used to have. Since Facebook led everyone away its a quiet place. Buzz, that drag racing story sounded fun. Hope you are back on a bike soon.

stayceewilson280
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2021 BMW R18

#10 Unread post by stayceewilson280 »

8) Hey you guys! How are you going? I know this thread is almost over a year. I just wanted to say Hi! Everything now seems to go back to normal. I was able to get back to my rides with my 2021 BMW R18 which I just bought last May. Where have you been lately? It's so good to be back on track! 8)