Helmet Shield

Jas0n
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Helmet Shield

#1 Unread post by Jas0n »

I want to get a new helmet shield. Mainly for visual appeal because I don't really like it when random people can identify me by looking through my clear shield. It gets kind of annoying when everyone you've seen in school goes "hey, I know you" whenever I go into a turkey hill after a long trip on the bike.

So, my solution to this is getting a visor no one can see through. The sun is deadly sometimes, so this will majorly help with glare.

Anyways, I have a Z1R Stance helmet, and I was planning on getting a RST SILVER visor.

I assume RST means "Russet" right? Does this mean its a 1 way mirror? That would be really cool if you could see your reflection like a mirror on the outside. Retail price for this shield is 35-40 dollars. I've searched aruond and found this site..

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detai ... ce_Sheilds

Now.. only 20 dollars? Seems like a scam.. but can I trust ordering from this site?

BusaEater
Veteran
Veteran

#2 Unread post by BusaEater »

Yea...those visors sure do keep the sun out of YOUR eyes...but they reflect it back into the eyes of everyone else on the road. I personally hate them, no offense. I took the visor off my helmet, I just ride with some safety glasses/sunglasses.
"Stupid Hurts"

My Bikes:
'01 Honda RC51
'02 Honda CBR600 F4i stunt bike.

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#3 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

I checked out the link and my only questions would be; How much is shipping going to cost you? And, can you return it if you don't like it? Otherwise, it looks like a very good deal.

Good Luck and Stay Safe Out There!

cakmakli
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by cakmakli »

I've ordered from them before and didn't have any trouble. I received what I ordered on time and would use this company again. I pretty sure you can trust them.

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#5 Unread post by flw »

Dumb question but are shields replaceable only on the better $$$ helmets? I have a cheap full face AFX helmet and I don't see anyway to get the visor off without damaging the current visor.

Anyone have a AFX helmet and is the visor replaceable?

Thanks
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Jas0n
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by Jas0n »

My dad has a cheaper version of my helmet. Mines Snell and DOT, but his is only DOT. Anyways, his helmet has almost an irremovable shield and there is no way to take it off.

By the way, I recieved my silver shield 3 days ago and it works great. Its very dangerous at night time, and I have to keep my clear one in my jacket if I plan on riding in the late hours. The silver shiled hides my face well, so it gives me the extra sense of privacy. Being 16 and all, I get a A LOT of crap from people my age who think they have a right to try out my bike because they're "cool" with me.

I'm almost embarrised to own a bike so early :roll:

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#7 Unread post by ofblong »

flw wrote:Dumb question but are shields replaceable only on the better $$$ helmets? I have a cheap full face AFX helmet and I don't see anyway to get the visor off without damaging the current visor.

Anyone have a AFX helmet and is the visor replaceable?

Thanks
my el-diablo ac-12 has interchangeable visors and that helmet was (imo) cheap at $250.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

kadota
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2005 Yamaha r6

Re: Helmet Shield

#8 Unread post by kadota »

This is prolly a stupid question, but i have a tinted visor and it makes it a pain riding at night, would a RST visor still be a pain? or would it have the effect of a amber glow visor?

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#9 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello Dakota and welcome to the forum. You may not have noticed but this thread has been inactive for 6 years so I don't think you'll get an answer. Clear shields are best at night anyway.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#10 Unread post by dr_bar »

At least he searched for a related post before firing up a new one...
Welcome to TMW Kadota, probably the largest M/C website out there. Lots of friendly people and a ton of info... As to the shield, Johnj has it correct a clear shield is best at night. A good solution to save carrying an extra shield and swapping it out on the road, is to carry clear safety glasses or goggles. Just flip the shield up and wear the glasses. Probably cheaper and easier to carry without destroying the lens...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"