vanripperz01
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: Suzuki GS 500 f

GS500F white smoke

#1 Unread post by vanripperz01 »

I bought an 06 Suzuki GS500f and white smoke comes off the header after it runs for a bit. Is this something i should worry about?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: white smoke

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

vanripperz01 wrote:I bought an 06 Suzuki GS500f and white smoke comes off the header after it runs for a bit. Is this something i should worry about?
Welcome to the community!

:welcome2:

I'm sure we can give some advice for you to help you out. White smoke is usually just water being turned to vapor after it's been heated (on an air-cooled bike). Was the headers wet at all? Are there any holes in the headers it is coming out from or is it just on the surface?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: GS500F white smoke

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello Rodrick and welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry too much about that, if I was you. How about posting a picture of your Suzuki so we can admire it .
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.