Important tire question. Need advise

Can I get away with this???

Yes, for now it's fine.
No votes
Replaces it soon, and only go at low speeds.
No votes
No way in hell!
100%

Total votes: 3

Kage909
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 1999 Kawasaki en500 vulcan

Important tire question. Need advise

#1 Unread post by Kage909 »

So as I new rider I was hoping someone could shed light on this situation. Tire has new tubes but the tire itself has some dry rot :? However, I rode on it a few times no issues :littlebike4:
here is a pic ( the dry rot is only on part of the tire)
gif upload

Jacksprat56
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2015 Road Glide Special

Re: Important tire question. Need advise

#2 Unread post by Jacksprat56 »

There is no "I think" to this issue....."DO NOT RIDE THAT BIKE AGAIN UNTIL YOU REPLACE THAT TIRE; IF YOU PUT ANY VALUE ON YOUR LIFE & THE LIVES OF THOSE AROUND YOU". You're playing Russian Roulette with 5 out of 6 chambers loaded!!!!!! I think that you need to check the front tire also. "ANY" dry rot is too much.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello John welcome to the forum. You should look into replacing your tires soon. I would not ride on tires like that.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Kage909
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 1999 Kawasaki en500 vulcan

#4 Unread post by Kage909 »

Jacksprat56 wrote:There is no "I think" to this issue....."DO NOT RIDE THAT BIKE AGAIN UNTIL YOU REPLACE THAT TIRE; IF YOU PUT ANY VALUE ON YOUR LIFE & THE LIVES OF THOSE AROUND YOU". You're playing Russian Roulette with 5 out of 6 chambers loaded!!!!!! I think that you need to check the front tire also. "ANY" dry rot is too much.
oh I didn't think it was that bad. :shock: I'll get it replaced before I ride it again. P.S. That is the front tire....Back tire is fine with not dry rott or anything like that.