Will ANY slip-on exhaust work on a wide variety of bikes?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Will ANY slip-on exhaust work on a wide variety of bikes?

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Slip-on exhausts are not my expertise so I thought I'd throw this out to the community...

Will ANY slip-on exhaust work on a wide variety of bikes (if you could get hardware to mount it) OR are slip-on exhausts very specific to the model of bike? Ie, could you put a slip on from say a Suzuki SV650 to a Triumph Triple? (not that I have said slip on or am buying either bike).

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Will ANY slip-on exhaust work on a wide variety of bikes

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

The main difference in slipons is how they're mounted. If two bikes mount the same way you can usually pull it off, or if you're up for making your own mounts you can grab whatever slipon you want and use it. Almost all bikes sport/standard/sporty styled bikes have the same exhaust pipe size.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wrider wrote:The main difference in slipons is how they're mounted. If two bikes mount the same way you can usually pull it off, or if you're up for making your own mounts you can grab whatever slipon you want and use it. Almost all bikes sport/standard/sporty styled bikes have the same exhaust pipe size.
Interesting stuff; wow, this is a great site to get good advice from eh!

Thanks for the information! :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

Where do you think I learned most of it???
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

fzrbiker
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1992/yamaha/fzr

#5 Unread post by fzrbiker »

Wrider wrote:The main difference in slipons is how they're mounted. If two bikes mount the same way you can usually pull it off, or if you're up for making your own mounts you can grab whatever slipon you want and use it. Almost all bikes sport/standard/sporty styled bikes have the same exhaust pipe size.
I totally agree on this statement, In any case it would be better to get a specific slip on exhaust for a certain bike, less hassle, less cost and time consumed.