pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

Dammaged front fender.

#1 Unread post by pchast »

Went to visit my MC and found that the front fender had been bent at the support
so that it touched the tire... Its been sitting in the garage untouched for a week.
I cleaned it with a rag when parked and know there were no problems...

Now all Castle nuts and carter pins are in place and in good condition. Pinch bolts
are right too. None were loose and the forks seem 'right'. No rub marks on the tire
side either.

We live in the woods, literally. I can't believe someone was in the garage when
I've been around all week. Its a puzzle. I got a tool under and teased the dent out.

Yes, I'll stop at the local Bike Shop Monday.

:? Has anyone seen something similar?
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Dammaged front fender.

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Pete, that is the strangest thing indeed. Is it possible something soft (but heavy enough) fell on the front fender?

Hopefully no one was in your garage in the middle of the woods, that would be more disconcerning than a tweaked fender IMO.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.