to fender eliminate, or not to fender eliminate?

azn_doll
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 96/yamaha/yzf600r

to fender eliminate, or not to fender eliminate?

#1 Unread post by azn_doll »

My bike is a '96 yamaha yzf600r (yellow and grey thundercat, rawrrr)
I'm incredibly stuck with this question! I've turned my bike into a project bike for the winter and I'm going to repaint it myself and integrate some lights and change the headlight to something nifty and blinding 8) . I looked at what a fender eliminator is and integrated tail lights too. Is it possible to go with both or should I just go with one or the other? Will I still be able to have my license plate on the back?

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Re: to fender eliminate, or not to fender eliminate?

#2 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Personally, I think fender eliminators/tail tidys are plenty to clean up the back end of a bike. Not sure on your bike, but generally they bring the blinkers a little closer together and have a way to mount the plate still. As for the headlight, you can probably get a higher wattage bulb (think 10 watts) that will be much brighter. Especially if the bike's headlight bulb is the factory original. Also check the headlight alignment and that the lens is clean.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

azn_doll
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 96/yamaha/yzf600r

#3 Unread post by azn_doll »

Oooo alignment, i never considered that.. With a fender eliminator, will i still be able to put integrated rear turn signals on there?

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#4 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Do you mean integrated as in having the blinkers be part of the tail light? That shouldn't affect the mounting of a fender eliminator. If it did, the stock fender wouldn't mount. Word of caution, those tail light/blinker setups make it hard to tell which way you're turning from a ways back, especially at night. Though they do look cool. Also, check the laws on lighting, some places require a minimum distance between turn signals.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]