Finding the coolant reservoir

Gamemako
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2002 Suzuki GSX750F Katana

Finding the coolant reservoir

#1 Unread post by Gamemako »

Sounds pretty silly, I know, but I pulled off the right fairing, and I still cannot for the life of me find that bloody reservoir! I ride a 2002 Suzuki GSX750F Katana, and while it doesn't seem to be having issues with heat or anything, I'm not terribly comfortable running around without an eye on my fluids. I figured it would be near the radiator, but I don't see any kind of sight glass or a cap I can open to add more. I do not have a service or owner's manual for the bike (standard fare for private sale), but you'd think that the coolant reservoir would be a bit more obvious than that. Any suggestions on where to find it?

//EDIT: You know, the thought just struck me that the engine oil may be used as a coolant, requiring no coolant reservoir. This explains why the lines from the radiator go back into the engine block. Does this sound right to anyone?

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: Finding the coolant reservoir

#2 Unread post by HYPERR »

Gamemako wrote: //EDIT: You know, the thought just struck me that the engine oil may be used as a coolant, requiring no coolant reservoir. This explains why the lines from the radiator go back into the engine block. Does this sound right to anyone?
Yes correct the Katana is air/oil cooled so there are no radiators or coolant resevoir.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

Re: Finding the coolant reservoir

#3 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Oil cooler, radiator. Potato, Potato.

I said the last two words the same way in my head really quickly and free associated harley.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars